TT Beta Concerns/feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RebelsReveille

Recruiter

10-30-2012

I started playing the TT vs AI beta today, and I came across a few issues.

- The jungle creeps nearest the base seem to be too far into the path, and I continuously trigger them the moment they pop into view by clicking there, or holding my mouse over the area to move. Not a big issue, and might just be a personal playstyle problem, but even by looking at them they dont really have an alcove thats out of the way.

- I realized in my second game (as Ziggs) that I could toss my abilities anywhere into their spawn, to devastating effect. I know its normally possible on most maps, but it seems to be a bit too easy and effective, especially with how far back into the spawn I can target by getting close to the wall.

- This one might just be me, because I'm not sure if it occurs normally, but when I have sight of the enemy spawn, the store icon for the enemy is there on my minimap. Not much of an issue, but it is quite strange.

- I'm not much of a Jungler, but by taking away the top jungle creeps, and the red buff creep in middle, doesn't that reduce the effectiveness of jungling quite severely? I know there's the altars now, but they're more of a team bonus, so anyone can be more inclined to get them, especially since it doesn't take long to capture them. (P.S. I like how the AI will come after you when you try to take it. They're quite fierce about keeping them.)

- There seems to be some grumbling about the new TT Beta not being at all like the Twisted Treeline of old. I do have to agree a bit with this, because it adds quite an effective addition (the altars) that may be a tad much. Personally, I like the altars. Its a fun deviation and makes 3v3 a lot more fun for me, as it gives me something more to do than constantly push turrets and gank and whatnot. But at the same time, it altars the balance, because for 90 seconds, one team is quite significantly more powered than the other. And yes, theres the bosses, Vilemaw and Baron, but they don't spawn for quite some time, and even when they do you more than likely either can't kill them or use the buff in any effective manner. So the altars completely change up the early game, and potentially deviate pushes on the turrets.

- On the note of the new Boss, I can't think of any problems with it, itself anyways. As I stated previously, the Jungle creeps with the buffs in the top jungle have been removed, apparently because the boss area is so huge. This makes the top jungle almost barren and useless until you take the boss on. The area itself is also smaller (the map in total seems smaller as well), reducing the effectiveness of using it as a path to run or gank from. I find myself never using the top jungle for anything other than killing the boss, which almost makes it a waste of space.

Thats all I can think of for now, from my few games I've played so far there.

Piggie B

10-30-2012

I'm baffled as to why "never using the top jungle for anything other than killing the boss" makes it a "waste of space." I, personally, find myself never using Baron's alcove for anything other than killing Baron, stealing Baron, teamfighting at Baron, or assorted other Baron-y things...except for the odd flash in 1/100 games.

Lolki

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggie B View Post
I'm baffled as to why "never using the top jungle for anything other than killing the boss" makes it a "waste of space." I, personally, find myself never using Baron's alcove for anything other than killing Baron, stealing Baron, teamfighting at Baron, or assorted other Baron-y things...except for the odd flash in 1/100 games.
I find that it is a great way to sneak around to the enemy farming top since they don't expect it as much. On the flip side it is also a great place to escape through since errant abilities might trigger the Spider and make them fall back rather then pursue.

Hydromover

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Here is a poll for your opinion on TTL. Thx for checking it out

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...old+vs+new+ttl

RebelsReveille

Recruiter

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggie B View Post
I meant that compared to the original Twisted Treeline. Barons alcove is a small part of the map in Summoners Rift, but top jungle in Twisted Treeline was quite large. Sorry for not making that clear.

Lolki

10-30-2012

If anything is a waste of space its the HUGE minimap that I always seem to accidentally click!

RebelsReveille

Recruiter

10-30-2012

@Lolki There seems to be far fewer bushes now in the top jungle, so isn't sneaking a bit more difficult?

They could use a setting to adjust the size of the minimap, or HUD in general lol.

Lolki

10-30-2012

While there are no bushes there is also nothing granting vision up there, so as long as your enemy has pushed even a tiny bit past the opening you can sneak around and surprise them because they can not see you coming, bushes or no.

Taiyodori

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolki View Post
If anything is a waste of space its the HUGE minimap that I always seem to accidentally click!
You know, you can scale its size down via options?