why not bring old TT back, see which is more popular, and scrap the other

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

herpderpsmurf21

10-30-2012

??????

why not?

Oh, because you want to bring some of the SR only players, get them to play on TTL and like it (knowing they don't like old TTL), and hopefully enough people like it to do something big on, to attract an audience. "OMG A TOURNAMENT ON TT??? GO SEE THAT ****!! Time for something new!!"

Nah Me

10-30-2012

I just feel like riot won't get rid of this map, they've put too much time and money into it.

Redeemed In Fire

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by herpderpsmurf21 View Post
??????

why not?

Oh, because you want to bring some of the SR only players, get them to play on TTL and like it (knowing they don't like old TTL), and hopefully enough people like it to do something big on, to attract an audience. "OMG A TOURNAMENT ON TT??? GO SEE THAT ****!! Time for something new!!"
I know, it's stupid to want to please more customers. That said, I'd be fine with this because I strongly bet that the new map would win by a landslide.

Aikimiller

10-30-2012

Because the old TT would lose. Hardcore. For the same reason that, even though the new iPhone has bad reviews, people are going to buy. Because it's something new.

It's not a fair fight- if you go based upon popularity (as measured by volume of players), the new map has the New, Shiny effect. Players who lost interest in TT long ago are trying it out, and it's getting a heck of a lot of play for no better reason than that. Popularity isn't a good indicator in this instance, because it isn't measuring whether the old 3v3 community likes it (which is, presumably, what you are concerned about).

herpderpsmurf21

10-30-2012

I meant if you factor in TT players only. Not people trying out JUST because its new

Squallian

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by herpderpsmurf21 View Post
I meant if you factor in TT players only. Not people trying out JUST because its new
Thats half the point. To draw in more people and make a competitive scene. Besides, who are you to say people trying out TT because its new won't -become- hardcore tt players.

People like you need to quit your *****ing'.