tribunal elo means nothing and is a joke.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drex Greytalon

10-30-2012

I understand the criticism, however one complaint I saw was:

Quote:
Every single one I have gotten wrong has been because game 1 was mild, but the rest of the games are seriously out of control unacceptable behavior.
Honestly, it doesn't take long to review all of the games the person has held. I agree that the regulation in the system could be modified, however, the fact that you don't base your judgment on the majority of someone's games listed isn't exactly Riot's fault.

I like the idea behind it, it keeps people from just skimming over somebody's games really quickly and saying, "Wow this guy was an ass based on what I read" and automatically punishing, rather than looking at most of his games and saying, "Well, this was instigated so I can understand the extremity, this doesn't excuse his gross behavior but I don't think he deserves punishment just yet." It encourages thinking within the community.

That being said I do wish there was more of a guideline on how extreme something has to be to be punishable.

InertBlowfish

10-30-2012

I started the tribunal two days ago.
Never again.
I read through every single case top to bottom, and I have 11/19 cases correct.
One of the cases I got, the reported player's card was for verbal abuse in two different games by THE ENEMY TEAM.
One look at both chat logs says he didn't speak in all chat AT ALL.
He didn't say anything remotely negative to his own team either.
I click pardon, he gets punished.
This system is a bunch of morons pressing whichever colour button they like more.

hellasow

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunethug View Post
i look at my recently reviewed cases

click punish because the person is harassing his team calling people noobs all game.

majority punishes.

next game, exact same thing, verbatim. i clicked punish

wrong. minority. case wrong.

I see it all over. and a lot of the time i see cases go unpunished where someone is seriously abusing code. i think many people judge off of the first game and make their decision that way. who knows

edit:

ex.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5846234/#nogo really tribunal? game 2. let me go around cussing out players who are doing poorly and yell at them to uninstall. i should be able to now.\

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5839966/#nogo this one was punish. I'd say the one above was more ban worthy than this guys. imo

My justice elo is 8460 or something like that and i am currently 16th...Once i started being careful with how i voted i have not missed a case. i think i have 83 in a row correct. Will thier be cases i will miss maybe. I personally would vote to punish more people Then a majority would. But i have adjusted and the worst of the worst are being punished and the completely non deserving get pardoned. Even the people that get punished that i feel should not be because they are new or something...They only get warned.

hellasow

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex Greytalon View Post

Honestly, it doesn't take long to review all of the games the person has held. I agree that the regulation in the system could be modified, however, the fact that you don't base your judgment on the majority of someone's games listed isn't exactly Riot's fault.

I like the idea behind it, it keeps people from just skimming over somebody's games really quickly and saying, "Wow this guy was an ass based on what I read" and automatically punishing, rather than looking at most of his games and saying, "Well, this was instigated so I can understand the extremity, this doesn't excuse his gross behavior but I don't think he deserves punishment just yet." It encourages thinking within the community.

That being said I do wish there was more of a guideline on how extreme something has to be to be punishable.

Riot changes up the order of the case for people see a different case 1. My current rank is about 8460 i think and ranked 16th. I am more voting how the majority would vote. The worst get punished the super nice get pardoned 99.9% of the time. I just skim most of the cases. i have gotten 83 cases in a row correct. I am sure i will come across a case where people vote weird but this systems skims off a lot of the mean negative players in a timely fashion. I just want to push it til i am ranked number 1...Its more of a game to me then to actually doing the right thing in a case....it just happens to skim off a lot of the worst player pretty fast.

Malloreon

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex Greytalon View Post

I think you misunderstood what he was saying.
He was saying he reads ALL the cases, but others don't. So sometimes Game 1 looks ok, but when he reads Game 2-5 the player is obviously toxic, so he votes Punish. Other people are only looking at Game 1 so they vote Pardon.

I don't know if this is true, I'm just explaining what he said.

hellasow

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevorast View Post
Yeah its pretty stupid. I feel silly actually going through all the games and reading everything when I look at the review after and see majority pardon on a case where 3 games in a row the person spams racial slurs for 30 minutes.

Like why am I bothering? I spend a lot of time on my 20 cases. I'm on my 11th case right now for tonight and I started over an hour ago.

I guess I should just start judging based on the first game if I want to keep my ratio high right? :/

Justice Rating
83.1% Accuracy

Every single one I have gotten wrong has been because game 1 was mild, but the rest of the games are seriously out of control unacceptable behavior.

If you want a high elo You punish only the really obvious and pardon the obvious...skip the rest...The 1st case is differnt evrey time. Riot scramble it up...So your 1st case is not the same....My picture i attached should let you know what i am talking about...I am only 15th now i got lazy a bit...

InfiniteVoid316

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-19-2012

is this... a tribunal elo hell thread?

i guess the same answer as a regular elo hell thread applies...

there is always a certain amount of variation in matchmaking. certain voters can be more lenient than others, so if you get matched with strict voters and vote strict, you will get it right, but if you get matched with lenient voters and vote strict, you may not always end up agreeing with the majority.