When will it all be over, Riot? Give your community something!

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kevin Rudd

Senior Member

10-29-2012

I personally think one thing that a vast majority of the 3v3 lovers are annoyed at is the fact that this is in beta, but you still took away the original TT, whilst the new one was just a beta. I can understand that riot may have taken the old TT away to put more focus on the new one, but I think the feedback would be the same either way. Majority of the community want the old 3v3 either permanently back, replacing the new one, or have the new one a separate map on its own. Is it really that hard to listen to what a large majority of the 3v3 population want? Please correct me if I'm wrong though Riot, or at least give us an indication of when this Beta will be over, and perhaps is Riot is considering bringing back the old TT as well? Please.
<3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Clemroc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

10-29-2012

Personally, although I loved the old 3v3 (and had set up a rather good ranked compo), I still believe the new map has great improvements. Of course, not everything is to be liked, as it is still in beta, but the main focus of the new 3v3 was to fix the problem of having champs that are unplayable.
For instance, many champs wouldnt be seen in the old 3v3, and are now very viable.
Otherwise, I do wish the old map to come back, for the fun of it, as I had really good times on it! At least, maybe make it available for CUSTOM games!

However, I havent seen that many people asking for the old map to come back. As a matter of fact, the old 3v3 was rather underplayed!
The reason why the old map wont come back is probably because Riot doesnt want to cut up the player base. The more maps/gameplays you add, the more the playerbase will dilute into the different maps.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exqzr

Senior Member

10-30-2012

Dude,

You need to open your eyes.

The call for the Classic map to make it's return is loud, daily and thus far the hottest topic in LoL right now.

And I think its funny that anyone would say they need to worry about diluting the player base of 32 million people on ah 4 maps, not 4000, not 400 ... 4. That's 8 Million per map on average. I guess diluting each map to 6.5 Million would be a disaster.

LoL. I mean really. LoL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemroc View Post
Personally, although I loved the old 3v3 (and had set up a rather good ranked compo), I still believe the new map has great improvements. Of course, not everything is to be liked, as it is still in beta, but the main focus of the new 3v3 was to fix the problem of having champs that are unplayable.
For instance, many champs wouldnt be seen in the old 3v3, and are now very viable.
Otherwise, I do wish the old map to come back, for the fun of it, as I had really good times on it! At least, maybe make it available for CUSTOM games!

However, I havent seen that many people asking for the old map to come back. As a matter of fact, the old 3v3 was rather underplayed!
The reason why the old map wont come back is probably because Riot doesnt want to cut up the player base. The more maps/gameplays you add, the more the playerbase will dilute into the different maps.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kevin Rudd

Senior Member

10-30-2012

I understand where you're coming from Clem. But in the new 3v3 there's champions that weren't played in the old TT, and visa versa. Even though the old 3v3 may have been underplayed (I disagree, but I have no clue of the stats, so a Riot Reply would be nice ) I believe give it time, and I think this map will become less and less played, eventually less played than the old TT. If you haven't seen many people complaining about this topic, this must be your first day on the forums.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kevin Rudd

Senior Member

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
Dude,

You need to open your eyes.

The call for the Classic map to make it's return is loud, daily and thus far the hottest topic in LoL right now.

And I think its funny that anyone would say they need to worry about diluting the player base of 32 million people on ah 4 maps, not 4000, not 400 ... 4. That's 8 Million per map on average. I guess diluting each map to 6.5 Million would be a disaster.

LoL. I mean really. LoL.
^^^^^^^^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aikimiller

Senior Member

10-30-2012

A lot of people are very vocal about it on the forums. But the forums is an extremely small percentage of the overall player base.

I think most players actually like the map, if queue times are any indicator. It's getting a heck of a lot of play.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twilight Monkey

Senior Member

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemroc View Post
Personally, although I loved the old 3v3 (and had set up a rather good ranked compo), I still believe the new map has great improvements. Of course, not everything is to be liked, as it is still in beta, but the main focus of the new 3v3 was to fix the problem of having champs that are unplayable.
True for a handful. But on the other side, an equal mesure of champs aren't mutch played or are in a serious disavantage on this map:In the end it doesnt improve anything. If anything the new map severely favors bruisers over anything else, more so then the original TT.

The lack of wards favors ganking and thus gives an extra edge to those who were strong gankers before and we are not even talking about the speed shrine or the altars.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kevin Rudd

Senior Member

10-30-2012

But Riot won't get rid of it, no matter what their community thinks, they've spent too much time and money.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hydromover

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

10-30-2012

Here is a poll that goes along with this. Lets hear your opinion.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...old+vs+new+ttl


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exqzr

Senior Member

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikimiller View Post
A lot of people are very vocal about it on the forums. But the forums is an extremely small percentage of the overall player base.

I think most players actually like the map, if queue times are any indicator. It's getting a heck of a lot of play.

The forums are representative of the larger player base.

While it is true that more people complain than praise, the more "civil" discussions are clearly leaning towards a major fix on the new map being much needed.

And also that both maps should be available to play. Thus giving us more choice.

The new map is just bad in its current form. Riot Agrees. So there is no debate on this matter.

Thus, the only debate left is should we have both maps and I would suggest that 80 to 85% of players feel that BOTH should be made available. That's a clear majority, even with any skew bias and RIOT should accommodate.


12