3v3 Beta.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nah Me

10-29-2012

I personally think one thing that a vast majority of the 3v3 lovers are annoyed at is the fact that this is in beta, but you still took away the original TT, whilst the new one was just a beta. I can understand that riot may have taken the old TT away to put more focus on the new one, but I think the feedback would be the same either way. Majority of the community want the old 3v3 either permanently back, replacing the new one, or have the new one a separate map on its own. Is it really that hard to listen to what a large majority of the 3v3 population want? Please correct me if I'm wrong though Riot, or at least give us an indication of when this Beta will be over, and perhaps Riot is considering bringing back the old TT as well? Please.
<3

Dinoslyer

06-24-2013

The only problem i had with the old 3 was the wall next to nex. But yeah, the alters and vilemaw are what i would like to see in its own map. I want ebonmaw back.

Tokenpriest

06-24-2013

How can you say "a large majority" when you have no proof as to:
A) The number of players that play 3v3
B) The number of people that only want to play the old map

Sure, you can say the petition thread has almost 5000 replies, but how many are smurfs/people that don't even play 3v3 as their main map? Riot has stated in the past that they average 32 million unique summoners per day. They also said that the 3v3 community is EXTREMELY small compared to the non 3v3. If we assume a low percentage of people play 3v3, for argument sake say 1%, then that is 320,000 summoners play TT daily. 5000/320,000 is not anywhere near a majority in any sense of the word.

If we go even further and say that 0.1% of summoners play TT then our ratio is now 5000/32,000 which is a little better but still nowhere near majority.

Sorry to break it to ou, but old TT is never coming back. Deal with it and move on.

SlowBroWithaFro

07-03-2013

You're forgetting to mention that the most league players are unlikely to use the forums. I've been an active player since season 1 and I rarely use it myself.

Heavens Piercer

07-03-2013

^ Most people rarely if ever use the forums

Vesh

Game Designer

07-03-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

So just as an update on this, we will be moving TT out of beta in the next few patches once Nome is confident that the game is in a stable state.

Demacry

07-03-2013

I have a question concerning the map balance Vesh (I'd ask Nome but I never see him so maybe you can or might know the answer yourself).

Before a few patches ago there was global vision of the health relic and a tiny area around it provided to everyone; players could still run through the middle of the map unseen on the minimap if they hugged the wall. I kind of understand why we wouldn't want constant vision of the area considering how much information can be leaked through it but why doesn't the minimap update itself and remove the relic icon when it's picked up the way it does on Crystal Scar?

I think there are a lot of fun mind games that could be played on enemies at higher levels where people actually watch their maps constantly. It would be an interesting tool that could possibly get an enemy laner who's pushing hard to ease off a bit without requiring a jungler to fully commit, or you could get a laner to try and rush to their jungle's defense by faking an invade.

Is there any chance that the minimap/relic relation could change to what it is on CS?

AGCrew Bloodwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokenpriest View Post
How can you say "a large majority" when you have no proof as to:
A) The number of players that play 3v3
B) The number of people that only want to play the old map

Sure, you can say the petition thread has almost 5000 replies, but how many are smurfs/people that don't even play 3v3 as their main map? Riot has stated in the past that they average 32 million unique summoners per day. They also said that the 3v3 community is EXTREMELY small compared to the non 3v3. If we assume a low percentage of people play 3v3, for argument sake say 1%, then that is 320,000 summoners play TT daily. 5000/320,000 is not anywhere near a majority in any sense of the word.

If we go even further and say that 0.1% of summoners play TT then our ratio is now 5000/32,000 which is a little better but still nowhere near majority.

Sorry to break it to ou, but old TT is never coming back. Deal with it and move on.
This...

Raid Finder

07-03-2013

With all the new balance changing for the new map does it even matter?

hi im isaac

07-04-2013

How do you consider a map "stable" when there have been no changes and no monitoring of the map itself?

And what's moving out of beta even going to entail on the user's side? The little popups on the right hand side when you enter a match? Are we going to see a huge overhaul?

The 3s map has been ignored for so long, and there's so many problems I'd be so hesitant to ever consider the map stable.

Majority doesn't win surrender vote, still no duo/solo queue for 3v3, incredibly unbalanced champions. The items being removed (GA, Warmogs, etc.) was a good start, but it seems you quit.

Can we at least just get some answers on these, please?

And to the guy who HAD to take the "majority" thing to a literal level, then you would know statistics do not use an entire population for the sample size. They take a small portion and base their statistics off that. You'd have to take the portion of those that visit the forums, rather than those that play the game. The ones who visit the forums would be the population and the number of people who have said "Signed", "Singed", "Agreed" or any variation in between would be the proper sample size. From there, you could determine majority (1 more than 50%).