Thoughts on new tt map

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

theho1yone

10-29-2012

INFO:

This is the first time im actually posting/starting a thread but i think i am due for one. I currently have played well over 4000+ games on tt alone and maybe 5-6 games on SR and probably only 8 games on dominion. Needless to say im pretty much am a tt only kind of guy. Though at first i was quite disappointed that the only map that i played on in lol was gonna have a complete remake ill admit that i jumped to the immediate conclusion that they destroyed the map. After playing around 20 games on the new map i have to say that its not the case. I love the new game play of not having "lanes" and the new items as well as the obvious fixes to the old tt map.

Thoughts:

while the new speed shrine where red buff used to be is a nice thought i find myself avoiding/not utilizing the area completely and feel at odds that the most prominent space in the map has nothing going on.

On to the altars..... for one i like the concept of the altars being objectives in the game giving people reason to leave the lane/global buffs and gold, but if feel like its almost takes away from what i think the main point of the game is (solo/team/ganking fights).

I feel that this problem may be solved by reducing the 2 altars to just one and placing it at the center of the map where the speed shrine is now. This would make use of the middle of the map. You may ask that what about where the 2 shrines are now? well my proposition is to make those into speed shrines because those will see more usage in the form of ganking potential.

Also you may be now thinking wow well wouldn't that just concentrate all the action on the one altar and my response would be yes and no... this problem could be fixed by having an objective to capture the new altar... maybe slaying a stronger neutral monster equivalent to ... ohhhhh say a red buff creature and making the altar lock only until the neutral monster respawns. This would then generate more team fights early on as well as the ability to "steal" buffs like the old tt map.

On to the vilemaw...... i for one don't think it is living up to its purpose... now hear me out.
The dragon on the old tt was the main reason for team fights and initiated most team fights this was because it was an easy target that granted large rewards.

Now vilemaw on the new tt map is much less of a draw not to mention much more out of the way because the lack of a top jungle (i by no means mean to say there should be a top jungle in the new map). This basically halves the draw to go fight a stronger dragon for less benefits while giving the enemy team time to push lanes. Because the way the map is now i see almost no reason to fight vilemaw when you can receive just as much of a benefit by staying in lane to farm a single wave of creeps and pushing a lane to win the game.

I propose a fix to this as the introduction of the second altar area.... supposing the speed shrine from above is changed to what i mentioned earlier. I'm not saying nerf vilemaw here i mean to say keep him the same with the same re spawn timer. This way its actually a fight to obtain the coveted second altar buff ( a nice increase to ap and ad). This would create initiative to actually go and kill vilemaw as well as not be that much of a punishing mechanic if one team were to kill him because worse case scenario the other team gets a 5 min altar lock with a second altar being fought over in the middle of the map.

Thanks and TLDNR:

I want to thank everyone who has read the whole thing on my thoughts and feel free to share your opinions as well and maybe riot will see this thread and make some of the changes suggested.

1. make speed shrine into an altar spot that locks by killing a neutral monster
2. make current altars spots into speed shrines for better ganking and usage
3. make vilemaw into an altar area that locks by killing him so that part of the map
sees gameplay

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exqzr

10-29-2012

Hope you enjoy the new map. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theho1yone View Post
INFO:

This is the first time im actually posting/starting a thread but i think i am due for one. I currently have played well over 4000+ games on tt alone and maybe 5-6 games on SR and probably only 8 games on dominion. Needless to say im pretty much am a tt only kind of guy. Though at first i was quite disappointed that the only map that i played on in lol was gonna have a complete remake ill admit that i jumped to the immediate conclusion that they destroyed the map. After playing around 20 games on the new map i have to say that its not the case. I love the new game play of not having "lanes" and the new items as well as the obvious fixes to the old tt map.

Thoughts:

while the new speed shrine where red buff used to be is a nice thought i find myself avoiding/not utilizing the area completely and feel at odds that the most prominent space in the map has nothing going on.

On to the altars..... for one i like the concept of the altars being objectives in the game giving people reason to leave the lane/global buffs and gold, but if feel like its almost takes away from what i think the main point of the game is (solo/team/ganking fights).

I feel that this problem may be solved by reducing the 2 altars to just one and placing it at the center of the map where the speed shrine is now. This would make use of the middle of the map. You may ask that what about where the 2 shrines are now? well my proposition is to make those into speed shrines because those will see more usage in the form of ganking potential.

Also you may be now thinking wow well wouldn't that just concentrate all the action on the one altar and my response would be yes and no... this problem could be fixed by having an objective to capture the new altar... maybe slaying a stronger neutral monster equivalent to ... ohhhhh say a red buff creature and making the altar lock only until the neutral monster respawns. This would then generate more team fights early on as well as the ability to "steal" buffs like the old tt map.

On to the vilemaw...... i for one don't think it is living up to its purpose... now hear me out.
The dragon on the old tt was the main reason for team fights and initiated most team fights this was because it was an easy target that granted large rewards.

Now vilemaw on the new tt map is much less of a draw not to mention much more out of the way because the lack of a top jungle (i by no means mean to say there should be a top jungle in the new map). This basically halves the draw to go fight a stronger dragon for less benefits while giving the enemy team time to push lanes. Because the way the map is now i see almost no reason to fight vilemaw when you can receive just as much of a benefit by staying in lane to farm a single wave of creeps and pushing a lane to win the game.

I propose a fix to this as the introduction of the second altar area.... supposing the speed shrine from above is changed to what i mentioned earlier. I'm not saying nerf vilemaw here i mean to say keep him the same with the same re spawn timer. This way its actually a fight to obtain the coveted second altar buff ( a nice increase to ap and ad). This would create initiative to actually go and kill vilemaw as well as not be that much of a punishing mechanic if one team were to kill him because worse case scenario the other team gets a 5 min altar lock with a second altar being fought over in the middle of the map.

Thanks and TLDNR:

I want to thank everyone who has read the whole thing on my thoughts and feel free to share your opinions as well and maybe riot will see this thread and make some of the changes suggested.

1. make speed shrine into an altar spot that locks by killing a neutral monster
2. make current altars spots into speed shrines for better ganking and usage
3. make vilemaw into an altar area that locks by killing him so that part of the map
sees gameplay