Which one?

Diana 6 60.00%
Riven 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Diana or Riven?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

boxxinsoap

10-29-2012

Which should I buy? I enjoy Top and Mid. I will probably jungle Diana once in a while. I know Riven is free, but I still want one of them permanently. Cannot decide.

Elyzian

10-29-2012

Diana, play free week riven all week, by the end of the week you should have another 6.3k to spend on riven.

Coasterslol

11-29-2012

I main riven and I also play Diana... Now IMO I'm gonna have to say riven... She only has maybe 3-4 counters she will take awhile to kinda get the hang of her and her passive... Overall she's a fun freaking champion... Please get her

Peligrad

11-29-2012

Riven is already crazy strong and the S3 changes are going to make AD cheaper...nuff said.

Diana is definitely decent...the S3 changes don't look like they will hurt tanky mages that much. So I expect her to still be decent.

That said...Riven and a few other AD casters are going to steam roll games...

Ansaa

11-29-2012

diano is really strong. she can burst you down in seconds, and she has great ap ratios, even on her passive!

X74

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
Riven is already crazy strong and the S3 changes are going to make AD cheaper...nuff said.

Diana is definitely decent...the S3 changes don't look like they will hurt tanky mages that much. So I expect her to still be decent.

That said...Riven and a few other AD casters are going to steam roll games...
Actually ad casters aren't receiving as many itemization changes due to the fact that top lane is the one they want to balance most, and a good way to do that is to base the changes to every other class of champion around being able to defend themselves against them. The AD type that is changing though is the carries like Yi, etc who will probably become more fit to play. I find that any champions with AP are undergoing huge changes though, for better or for worse is beyond me, because it seems to be going both ways depending on specific champions and their preferred, more popular builds.

As for which to buy, if you want to play Diana you're better off just playing Akali instead. She's more mobile more of the time, while less tanky, but deals asstons more damage.

Riven's good too. Pretty mobile but not too mobile, extremely strong, but has no range advantage whatsoever besides the ult, and that's execution. You need to practice because Riven HAS to snowball to do well, otherwise you'll just be mediocre or worse due to falling off lategame. I can't stress enough that to do exceptionally well with Riven you NEED to be a step ahead because unlike Irelia for example, who can use cheaper items and still do well, she has expensive tastes, and you need to reach the minimum amount of AD to be effective in order to do well very quickly or you'll fall behind, and it's hard to catch back up. The fact that she's one of the best examples of a snowball champion can be a good or bad thing depending on how you play.