Pls fix Elise....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Furry NA

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NephiL View Post
his late game is just bad, bad indeed.
No it's not.

Elise is an assassin-mage. Get kills, you'll snowball if you get enough.

She can fall off easily though, and takes a fair amount of skill.

InsidiousIntent

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacialwrath View Post
Elise is fine.

A few days ago I went 19/0/11. If I recall correctly, against a Kat mid, one of the more common ones. Not the best but definitely not the worst Kat I've seen.

That being said, she's not OP. Or UP. She's balanced. People need to quit *****ing when a new champ is released and it's actually fine.
Pls go check ur stats again b4 giving the one good stat u had with her... Unfortunately everyone can see ur matches.. Anws.. as you can see although she is extremely good early she falls back late and u usually end up with more deaths than your assists + kills combined.
So yes... she is not balanced... And if u saw the patch notes they are still buffing the wrong abilities on her.. Well I hope that works...

InsidiousIntent

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuaterCircleFour View Post
No build will make up for an obvious lack of skill
you should work to get better at the game before attempting to play high skillcap champions
Lack of skill eh? It is easy to criticize others when you haven't tried playing her..

As mentioned previously in this thread I like champions who need skill to be mastered and I usually do well after trying few builds on them.. I tried all the builds in guides, all the combos in guides and added many more myself.. But still Elise feels like eve b4 remake... only good at chasing low hp champs or the ones separated from their team..

I am not the only one who thinks this way..
Now if a player can prove me wrong in high elo with some evidence then, yes I'll be happy to accept that I was wrong..
And pls don't show me PBE stats of the newest patch..

Best Furry NA

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsidiousIntent View Post
Pls go check ur stats again b4 giving the one good stat u had with her... Unfortunately everyone can see ur matches.. Anws.. as you can see although she is extremely good early she falls back late and u usually end up with more deaths than your assists + kills combined.
So yes... she is not balanced... And if u saw the patch notes they are still buffing the wrong abilities on her.. Well I hope that works...
Yeah, recently I've had a bad batch of games with her, I know.

She falls back late, and more deaths? No. Just play her right.

People get in this mindset that champs are supposed to do one thing. Assassins assassinate, bruisers take damage and dish it out, supports support.

Elise is different. In team fights, her role is not to go in immediately and take someone out, nor is it to stay back and poke. She does both. She casts and does her CC early on, then, as the team weathers them down, they'll likely separate. You isolate someone, go in for the kill, then go back to poking or continue going in for the kill.

She is not a simple champion and her playstyle is unique in that aspect.

InsidiousIntent

11-05-2012

Quote:

, then, as the team weathers them down, they'll likely separate. You isolate someone, go in for the kill, then go back to poking or continue going in for the kill.

She is not a simple champion and her playstyle is unique in that aspect.
U just said it yourself.. ''as the team weathers them down''.... what if u are team is getting too low cause they have to fight 4vs5 for that fight? Most probably u will go in, clear 1-2 targets and then u will die as well since there are no more members of ur team to fight.. this will lead to turret push or dragon/baron... and if that's not the case all the time , it is for 80% of it..

I know that elise is unique and that is the reason I tried to master her as soon as posible and spent quite a bit of time in doing so.. but as it is now she needs that somthing to push her a bit.

Erisly

11-05-2012

The main issues I have with her are the bug with her W in spider form taking about 1sec to start your AA.

And She needs some kind of slow, rylai's is ok but not may of her kills you need it on work with it. I saw someone post that why could add something like "Whenever Elise's Spiderlings attack a Target the target is slowed by 3% stacking up to 10times". That number can be changed but I would think that would do a world of good. like even 2% up to 10times would be great.

InsidiousIntent

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erisly View Post
The main issues I have with her are the bug with her W in spider form taking about 1sec to start your AA.

And She needs some kind of slow, rylai's is ok but not may of her kills you need it on work with it. I saw someone post that why could add something like "Whenever Elise's Spiderlings attack a Target the target is slowed by 3% stacking up to 10times". That number can be changed but I would think that would do a world of good. like even 2% up to 10times would be great.
U are right on the first bit.. However I don't think they can add slow to her skills.. she can already catch up even on kass or fizz for example.
Now a bit of attack speed reduction while in spider form would boost her a lot..

Best Furry NA

11-05-2012

Quote:
U just said it yourself.. ''as the team weathers them down''.... what if u are team is getting too low cause they have to fight 4vs5 for that fight? Most probably u will go in, clear 1-2 targets and then u will die as well since there are no more members of ur team to fight.. this will lead to turret push or dragon/baron... and if that's not the case all the time , it is for 80% of it..

I know that elise is unique and that is the reason I tried to master her as soon as posible and spent quite a bit of time in doing so.. but as it is now she needs that somthing to push her a bit.
Exactly, you help with the weathering with your own CC, and your spells. She's fine really-- her spider poke is a bit weak early because typically you max out your Q, but it -is- an option to max out W first for that ability, you just can't assassinate as fast in place for a stronger poke.

In a team fight, use your E to cc whoever you can, either to initiate, or after an initiate. Toss in a spider and your Q. By this point, your team (if smart!) was focusing someone. Let's say that people are doing what they are supposed to. Go after a squishy-- the ADC? Let's pick one out of the blue. Vayne. So Vayne was weakened, but she Tumbles away! You have Rapple. Go over to her as a spider, secure the kill. Rinse and repeat as you now have CDs as a spider. Go back to human, spell cast, re-cc (you likely lost a teammate by now and they could really use that), use your Q on a new target that has likely taken bad hits (attacks your teamates should have focused on Vayne from the get-go) and AoE, go back to spider, finish him/her.

You have both pokes and assassination powers, but it isn't so much as "pick what you wish" as "pick what is needed and what is demanded".

Now what happens if your team was dumb and focused the tank? Can you carry them? If you were fed maybe, but not really, but your team was dumb! Go figure!

Now let's look at mid matchups:

Katarina: Common, you can Rappel out of her ulti or cocoon her in it. If you time well, you win. You can also out-poke her, though this takes a lot of practice.
LeBlanc: This is HARD, and you NEED help. But, she is always considered a hard mid matchup. Harass her early on and get a gank. Your spider form's Rappel beats out her passive mirror image thingy.
Veigar: You outrange him completely and decimate him
Fizz: You should be able to outharass him
Brand: Get good at dodging Pillar of Flame and he's cake
Cassiopia: Get good at dodging, this is rough but doable
Ahri: Dodge her Q and E, and out-harass her. You can make her cry. Even with her spell vamp.

Let's look at a gank:

Jungler comes in. You quickly either cocoon or rappel. Either get away, or go in the air. When you're in the air, if one stupidly goes near your turret, rappel to him and keep running. If not, either redescend or pick a target fast. Flash away. You have a split-second advantage that some mids don't.

So you have gank protection, a good presence in mid if you can land your spiders often (this takes a lot of practice to shoot around minions but isn't hard, and if you harass them enough you dont have to worry about zoning-- minions will push you, just spider form them back or use 1-2 spiders on them before tossing the rest back at the enemy champion), and 3 roles in teamfights: cc, pokes, and assassination.

I think she offers a lot looking at all of this....

Erisly

11-05-2012

Quote:
U are right on the first bit.. However I don't think they can add slow to her skills.. she can already catch up even on kass or fizz for example.
Now a bit of attack speed reduction while in spider form would boost her a lot..
attack speed reduction? You lost me. Oh and one other thing, when I repel onto an target and then they flash I end up behind then to the point I can't get back to them at all. Anyone else have this issue? if so is it working as intended or a bug?

InsidiousIntent

11-05-2012

Quote:

I think she offers a lot looking at all of this....
As u can see through ur comment u talk a lot about mid lane/early game.. In teamfights come the hypotheses
She is really good early as I said... no one can deny that.... she may even be the best early champ so far... however she still needs a boost for late..

Wait till the buff coming out in next patch and see how more viable she becomes..