Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Draft Mode/Solo Ranked Queue "Read the Summoner's Code"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KnightxSScarlett

10-30-2012

And that's why all you have to do is tell your team that you're going to do it, and if they QQ, just don't respond. Don't give them ammunition to send to tribunal. Just act real positive about it,

"Don't worry, double jungle is awesome. I do it with my friend all the time."
"Soraka mid, I feed you mana and silence their mid, why are you complaining?"

I /ignore all in ranked practically every game and people say they're gonna report me for refusal to communicate but I still haven't been banned yet and I used to play a lot of ranked.

LogicalTautology

10-30-2012

Quote:
Mageinta Warrior:
And that's why all you have to do is tell your team that you're going to do it, and if they QQ, just don't respond. Don't give them ammunition to send to tribunal. Just act real positive about it,

"Don't worry, double jungle is awesome. I do it with my friend all the time."
"Soraka mid, I feed you mana and silence their mid, why are you complaining?"

I /ignore all in ranked practically every game and people say they're gonna report me for refusal to communicate but I still haven't been banned yet and I used to play a lot of ranked.

Strongly disagree with that sentiment. If you say you're going to lock in Lee Sin jungle in Ranked after I've already locked in Shaco jungle and you're last pick, then YOU have the burden of explaining to the team why it works well and why we should agree to run that teamcomp in this game. If you just say "Going double-jungle in this one." and /ignore all, expect to be reported by me every single time regardless of how well you do and how successful the strategy is. Every. Single. Time.

jak36

10-31-2012

I have to agree with logical here. It doesn't make sense to me for someone to try to fill a role that's already filled and then ignore everyone. Just seems like a jerk move.

AJStarhiker

10-31-2012

my biggest problem with called positions is that it's distracting to first pick, who also has to split their attention to bans, especially for blue if there was any lag in champion select coming up.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

10-31-2012

Quote:
jak36:
I have to agree with logical here. It doesn't make sense to me for someone to try to fill a role that's already filled and then ignore everyone. Just seems like a jerk move.

Going double jungle isn't filling a role that's already filled. He's filling a different role: second jungler.

There is a double jungle strategy... and it does involve picking two junglers. There are a lot of alternatives to it, but it's not picking an already-selected role... it's picking a different role that's pretty necessary to fill out the other strategy.

I do agree that you should at least talk it through with your team, but you're not picking an already-selected role by any means.

Vitro

01-19-2013

Is there even a response from someone that works with Riot?

Summoner Code 3 says facilitate civil discussion. Pick order has nothing to do with working with your team where as this is a team game. What people have done with this comment by saying "Being a good team player begins at champion select. Be open minded when considering the needs of your team. If you’re the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasn’t already been filled." This says try to fill a niche not you have to do this because your last pick. This is giving people convoluted ideas that they get to dictate the whole game.

Regardless of how you interpret something and I interpret something has nothing to do with this. You look at an orange and you see a color i look at an orange and see a good source of vitamin C. Simply by not working with your team and using this piece of the summoners code as your reasoning for getting first pick, completely violates Summoner Code 3.

bucky1andonly

02-24-2013

So long story short, it says nothing about pick order or calling. It's more or less saying work as a team. The best way to work as a team is to respect the calls first.

1st pick mid = easily countered
1st pick top = easily countered

So calling is best. I've won more games when people call their roles and no one argues, even if someone else calls just after and is higher in pick order, they just let the person who called it first have it, and the game usually go smoothly.

Before anyone tells someone else to go read the summoners code, make sure you understand what it says first. It says nothing about pick order, do not assume or come to any conclusions, just take it how it is read. Last pick should fill if need be, that's it.

Ren221

02-24-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3153885 did a poll on the matter

Darklightning

02-25-2013

"Be open minded when considering the needs of your team. If you’re the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasn’t already been filled."

I guess it comes down to your definition of pick now, doesn't it?

If I tell you I pick mid, and you get to select your champion first... and you decide you're going mid regardless, I say you've failed to uphold the summoner's code. You may choose your champion first, but picked my position before you.

SeCKS Egai

02-25-2013

Quote:
AD Bottom:
"Being a good team player begins at champion select. Be open minded when considering the needs of your team. If you’re the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasn’t already been filled."

It doesn't explicitly state it, but it basically says here that you should pick based on your team and where you are.

Keep in mind in blind folks can all pick simultaneously - the idea is that players are supposed to be willing to compromise to pick a decent team comp instead of simply picking whatever the hell they want.

I hate the call/pick bs, but what I hate more is that so many folks are unwilling to simply compromise.