Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Draft Mode/Solo Ranked Queue "Read the Summoner's Code"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crank Shape

10-29-2012

You hit champion select, you call a position. OH WAIT, the person who picks before you wants that position! He then proceeds to say, "read the code, I'm first pick. Pick priority scrub."

I read the "Summoner's Code" and didn't see anything relating to pick orders or anything. So what are they talking about?

adc

10-29-2012

"Being a good team player begins at champion select. Be open minded when considering the needs of your team. If you’re the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasn’t already been filled."

It doesn't explicitly state it, but it basically says here that you should pick based on your team and where you are.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

10-29-2012

That actually sounds pretty explicit to me.

adc

10-29-2012

Yeah, but it doesn't come right out and say "Calling means nothing, only pick order."

Atlas Ultio

10-29-2012

Finally have a chance to say it:

Lawyer'd!

MarlaMazzyHope

10-30-2012

Quote:
AD Bottom:
Yeah, but it doesn't come right out and say "Calling means nothing, only pick order."

No, it assumes way too much intelligence on the readers part. People with quotients in the 60-80 range do and will continue to have problems understanding this.

Ramachese

10-30-2012

If you don't deduce it from the summoner's code then you should be able to from the multitude of threads of this very same subject.

JimmyNeutron4eva

10-30-2012

I used to complain about call order. But guess what? Who cares, grow a pair nancy boy. Play whatever role you're left with. Suck at it? TIME TO PRACTICE! If in a normal game. If in ranked, try to work with your team without being a jerk. If they insist, try and warn them at the beginning you aren't super good at it. And don't talk the S. Keep calm and play.

GG bud.

KnightxSScarlett

10-30-2012

Technically, the summoner's code just tells you to pick a niche. So I support top or sometimes I fill in the second jungle.

Long story short, do what you want, because as long as you actively try to help your team, you're not violating the code.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

10-30-2012

Quote:
Mageinta Warrior:
Technically, the summoner's code just tells you to pick a niche. So I support top or sometimes I fill in the second jungle.

Long story short, do what you want, because as long as you actively try to help your team, you're not violating the code.

Yeah, there's this.

If you're taking a second jungler or a mid-support, or WHATEVER, but you're doing it because you think it's a viable strategy, you're not violating the summoner's code. If you're doing it because someone already picked a jungler, but you wanted to, so you're going to throw a fit like a 2-year-old and troll your team, then you're violating the summoner's code and will be subject to punishment.