Reason of the Snowballing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DragonEpico

10-29-2012

Is a matter of proportions.

If one player gets a kill in a team, the team is 1/5 stronger. In TT, the team is now 1/3 stronger.

Maybe bounty gold should be nerfed accordingly instead of having SR standards?

xRAWKAx

10-29-2012

This is an interesting observation. What do you mean by "nerf bounty gold?"

DragonEpico

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRAWKAx View Post
This is an interesting observation. What do you mean by "nerf bounty gold?"
reduce the amount of gold you get from a kill. The map already is pretty agressive so you would be able to build anyway.

Henry Plainview

10-29-2012

Well, old TT didn't snowball nearly as hard (at least my elo, perhaps because people largely ignored ebonmaw), but that is a good idea.

Aikimiller

10-30-2012

"Bounty Gold" is the bonus gold you get for killing a champion on a killing streak. It is an anti-snowball mechanic. I suspect that you actually mean reducing the regular gold you get for a kill.

The problem with this solution, is that it swings the game in favour of bruisers even farther. Carries need gold pretty badly already, and a reduction of gold gain is an indirect nerf to carries. Because bruisers aren't as item dependent because they have better base stats (melee champs always have strong base stats, as a result of the problems inherent in being melee in a 5v5 game, which they were designed for). This is why bruisers are so incredibly strong at lvl 1, for example.

xMistressAthenax

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikimiller View Post
bruisers aren't as item dependent because they have better base stats (melee champs always have strong base stats, as a result of the problems inherent in being melee in a 5v5 game, which they were designed for). This is why bruisers are so incredibly strong at lvl 1, for example.
Its also why Bruisers are the reason LoL will never be balanced, and are OP chars..

Piggie B

10-30-2012

I think that snowballing is indeed a problem, but I don't think that nerfing gold gains is the way to go. I think that the biggest problem with the snowballing, actually, is the ease with which a team that is ahead can hold the altars. Perhaps if altars turned neutral after a while...

Shaquintosh

10-30-2012

I agree with Piggie B. If the alters always reset after 90 seconds to neutral, it would be harder for a team that's ahead to keep the damage/AP buff for the entire game (which is a huge advantage.) Having to recapture the points would also make junglers more useful (now that there really isn't much for them to do) and would encourage invades and encounters in the jungle/around the points - something that Riot stated was a goal with this map.

I don't think that nerfing bounty gold is a good idea. There needs to be and incentive to get kills throughout the game, or the play-style will get really boring - that is, people will pick teams that can just farm and scale (since early kills won't matter as much) and go for late game aces.

jdubincident

10-30-2012

Maybe 90 second lock, 90 second possession (able to be taken), then neutral? Just a thought. I don't know how much that hampers the team that's ahead.