Shrines in new TT pose balance issues.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haeval

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Okay, first I'd like to clarify; it is not a 10% damage increase. It's 10% bonus AD and AP. This is nowhere near a 10% damage increase. In addition it doesn't even mean much at the start of the game. It's at-most going to give a champion an extra 5 AD at level one, and that's the extreme case of all flat AD run Fiora with 2 AD items.

Now in regards to the tanky champs sitting on the altar. Yes, that's true but they are putting themselves in a large amount of risk standing out in the open. You should be collapsing on them with your entire team.

Think of the opposite side of the coin. Lets say you can interrupt the capture from range, maybe something similar to dominion. How bad would that feel as a bruiser? Look at the level of risk that person is putting them in to be shut down by Xerath going "lulululululul, tag!" as he casts his Q repeatedly from in lane.

I find running a balanced team comp (brusier/ADC/AP caster) is strong. Do things like Orianna E -> onto your brusier and have them initiate on the altar.

Overall the map is going to punish the solo queue mentality of thinking you can do everything on your own. It's 3v3 where team play is of the utmost importance. You can't expect to sit in lane for 15 minutes farming and do well.
Really? You have read, maybe half a dozen feedback threads/posts, if that's all you have to say about the feedback on the new TT over the last few days.

I've only seen 1 or 2 people offering to have a range-interrupt-able captures. What would be wrong with a little range/skill/ability damage SLOWING the capture? This would make the altars seem a bit more defensible, considering you can't see anyone on their WAY to the altar unless you have someone camping jungle all the time.

Now, while you're actually replying to posts, take a look at this, please, or have SOMEONE on staff do so:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2#post30779522

Sam

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
I could play champions that needed farm before because there was time to farm, there were places to run if you got jumped, and the game wasn't decided at 5 minutes. And now I can't. But I'm tired of arguing with you about TT2, you clearly see things very differently, and there's no point in even trying to explain myself if you're going to take being dived every 10 seconds as a literal statement.

Examples of champions that you could* farm in the old TT?

Games don't get decided in 5 minutes in the new TT. The new TT you can get snowballed but Riot designed the map that even if your opponent is in the lead you can still farm jungle and made sure the towers are really close to your jungle so you can escape.

Old TT, isn't even a snowball more like an avalanche, once you get "snowballed" there is no coming back. And I'm not trying to argue with you. I'm just stating the facts from my experiences with the new tt and old tt

Henry Plainview

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Examples of champions that you could* farm in the old TT?
With a beefy support, pretty much all of them except for Ashe Vayne and sometimes Varus. I did it many times with someone I duo queued with.

Sam

10-29-2012

Quote:
With a beefy support, pretty much all of them except for Ashe Vayne and sometimes Varus. I did it many times with someone I duo queued with.

You know the new map playing the way you just said is far more better than playing AD/Support in lane in the old TT?

If a jungler ganks you in the old TT, gets first blood you'll just quickly lose the game and every momentum is lost. Like I've said multiply times on a lot of forums. Old TT = Avalanche, New TT = Snowball. SR is exactly like that, snowball effect would always be there.

But in the new TT, allowing a jungler to get first blood on you, gives them momentum, but you are still allowed to cs and take jungle just because of how the map is created, where the tower is close to your jungle.

Vayne is probably one of the best AD carry...

Lolki

10-30-2012

I love how fast the jungle spawns on this map. There is always something to kill. Push your lane, retreat and kill a jungle camp, jump up to another lane to help defend, back down to your lane to push it again, kill another jungle camp along the way. I am constantly farming and it is great. Very few moments of wandering around aimlessly or running all the way across a big map to get to the only jungle camp that's spawned.

I also don't see what the big deal is about snowballing. Teams that are successful should then do better because they get a reward for success. I don't really see the alters contributing to that all that much since they change hands so fast and the 4g per kill ability (which is better then the 10% bonus ap, ad, imo) only does so much before you are able to get back at least one of the alters.

Haeval

10-30-2012

Quote:
You know the new map playing the way you just said is far more better than playing AD/Support in lane in the old TT?

If a jungler ganks you in the old TT, gets first blood you'll just quickly lose the game and every momentum is lost. Like I've said multiply times on a lot of forums. Old TT = Avalanche, New TT = Snowball. SR is exactly like that, snowball effect would always be there.

But in the new TT, allowing a jungler to get first blood on you, gives them momentum, but you are still allowed to cs and take jungle just because of how the map is created, where the tower is close to your jungle.

I can't even COUNT the number of times I've come back from an entire team ace on the beginning gank and still won the game (and no, not because of turtling) on the old TT.... I dont' get your avalanche comment.

Honestly, though, I'm not trying to hate on the new map. I'm trying to say (in all of this) that Riot shouldn't have scrapped the old one.

Henry Plainview

10-30-2012

Quote:

You keep saying that, and my experience is still completely the opposite.

Like Poppy, Vayne is good on TT2 because of how incredibly easy it is to stun people with the new walls. But I never saw her do well at all on TT because of her incredibly weak early game.

Taiyodori

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Quote:
You keep saying that, and my experience is still completely the opposite.

Like Poppy, Vayne is good on TT2 because of how incredibly easy it is to stun people with the new walls. But I never saw her do well at all on TT because of her incredibly weak early game.
Oh, I can support Sam's experience regarding Vayne. She was the adc I saw the most on TT2 and also the one with the most success. (especially vs. a 2-3x bruiser comp!)
Yes she's said to have a weak early game. But the early game is shorter on the new 3v3:
- You start with Boots + Dorans and not just boots. A full 475 extra gold!
- You get bonus gold from the altars and the jungle camps give you much more gold than on any other map before. (+ they spawn more frequently)
There's always something you can farm, even with a jungler around. And you said it, due to the walls, she can knock people into walls a lot.
Bigger problem with Vayne is, she is by far not the easiest adc to play. She has a only a small gapcloser and rather short range, so you really need to know how to position yourself.

When I play ranked on new 3s with my team and we go for a full bruiser or 2x bruiser + tanky-mage comp, there's nothing we fear more than a well played adc comp.

Redeemed In Fire

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
It's at-most going to give a champion an extra 5 AD at level one, and that's the extreme case of all flat AD run Fiora with 2 AD items.
Wait, is it +10% bonus ap/AD? That would be the only way that makes sense...

Lolki

10-30-2012

I believe it is only bonus AD/AP that is calculated.