Shrines in new TT pose balance issues.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aizuu

10-29-2012

In a nutshell, 10% damage increase is a pretty valuable resource. Naturally both teams would like to have control of it. The mechanics of a capture however, greatly favor tanky champions. This is because the capture platform is small, enclosed, and the capture can not be interrupted without standing on the platform. Thus, if you play a mage, you can not interrupt a players capture like you can in DOM.

EDIT:
Would like correct my previous statement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
it is not a 10% damage increase. It's 10% bonus AD and AP.

goodin24

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

Very good point. So how would you go about fixing this problem.

Aizuu

10-29-2012

I'd just change the capture method so you have to focus/target the capture point. A targeted capture can be interrupted with damage, so mages/ranged characters have a chance at stalling/preventing a capture.
Another solution would be to give an armor/mr debuff while you're standing on the point, so tankier champions can't just stand there and absorb the DPS from a ranged champion while capturing.

Nova00

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

Making the person have to target to capture would make it very difficult to recapture a lost relic. Leading to one team being able to control the buff constantly making it more unbalanced.

HayabusaZero

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aizuukun View Post
I'd just change the capture method so you have to focus/target the capture point. A targeted capture can be interrupted with damage, so mages/ranged characters have a chance at stalling/preventing a capture.
Another solution would be to give an armor/mr debuff while you're standing on the point, so tankier champions can't just stand there and absorb the DPS from a ranged champion while capturing.
^^ This is a great suggestion. I like this idea a lot. It would give ranged/mages the opportunity to defend their altar without been overpowered by bruiser and tanky dps.

Banpan

10-29-2012

So far I have found that aoe casters work well considering the fact that someone does have to stand on that tiny circle to capture the point. So someone like Malzahar who can drop his pool pop a Q drop and E then ult. Plus with the new caster item that takes 5% of hp away, it definitely gives them a chance.

Vantooth

10-29-2012

Well, you just have to complete your role in your team, and stopping capture isn't the caster jiob alone. You might not be as good as someone else, but if you would trade champ just for something which can capture better, your team is going to lack something.

Aizuu

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova00 View Post
Making the person have to target to capture would make it very difficult to recapture a lost relic. Leading to one team being able to control the buff constantly making it more unbalanced.
That is a valid counterpoint. In what aspect would you find it more difficult to recapture though? Targeting it just means that your capture can be interrupted from a distance. It can be interrupted now also, the only difference is the current method requires you to be in VERYclose proximity to your opponents to contest it.

Nargles

Recruiter

10-29-2012

I think the issue with the shrines is that they're too accessible. IMO the shrines are there to give an extra advantage to one team when they deserve it. In the 3v3 games that I've played, one team has had control of both shrines for most of the game. My thoughts are that each team should control their own until their lanes are losing and they're losing teamfights.

To fix this, I would change how accessible the opponents jungle is and probably just move the shrines closer to the bases. I would like to see the entrances changed and have less of a straightaway to the shrines from the intermediate jungle area.

TL;DR one team always seems to control both shrines and the opponents jungle is too damn accessible

MrSmileyy

10-29-2012

Heres my suggestion, give a team automatic control over their point, if the other team caps it, they gain it for period of time before it neutralizes, then it recaps to its own side. Or something similar, as it is, any team hat secures an early advantage with both altars, will win if they are worth their salt.

Snowballs happening way too fast!