Bot Game Programming

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IDBT

10-29-2012

I wish that Riot would just program the bot games to the meta.

There's normally someone who wants to try to jungle, but all
that does is screw up the guy left solo top getting ganged 2v1 and
unable to cs. Does that matter in the long run...no its bots and
you always win, but there's no learning there.

Another beef I guess is the huge push through the towers by like level 5.
Everyone is roaming by the 10 minute mark and the game ends with everyone
about level 12 and no sense of the character or the build.

Maybe that doesn't matter to most people as there are there messing around,
trying to get pentakills, etc It's rougher for someone new with only 1 or 2 chars
that just wants to get better to progress to normals and/or ranked without ruining
someone else's day on the way through the learning curve.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

10-29-2012

Consider this good practice. If you can CS in top lane 2v1 against bots, then you're a good CSer. If you can't, you need some more practice.

KevT 66

10-29-2012

i agree with IDBT..you need bot games to be more like PVP or ranked so noobs can be prepared..i play bot games to learn new champs and builds so that i can succeed in pvp. bot games do need to be upgraded and set more towards being like ranked.

Falcodile

10-29-2012

At least the intermediate bots, begginers wouldnt need that, because jungling is rare in those lvls, put it in intermediate, not just to follow the meta, but to upgrade the vs ai experience also

PrincePapa

10-29-2012

If I ever want to try out build, I create a custom game with me and two bots vs 5 bots. Obviously, my bots will lose their lane, which leads me to roam and pick up kills, quickly getting money to try items out. And unless you do so yourself, those two bots will never actually rampage the enemy Nexus, so you can make the game last as long as you'd like.

If you want to try the champs themselves though, more especially, tops and mids, it's a different story. You can ask your team to let the game go on so you can all try things out, but, I do agree the current state isn't perfect.

CrystalisX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

While I would love to see bots go through jungling and counterjungling, I think being able to manage a 1v2 lane against bots to be the hardest thing the bots offer in terms of difficulty, so I like the challenge it presents to any players who are in the process of progressing through the learning curve before they storm the PvP world of League.

magna200

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

u just play garen in a 2v1 lane. It's really easy once you figure out how much damage you need to do before the bots start running.