Can't wait until Cho'gath is off the free roster!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oddible

10-29-2012

Unfortunately me and my fellow newbs don't really know how to deal with him and he ends up getting absolutely enormous every game, is never killed, and becomes a screaming raging monster from all the free feeding he gets to do. Personally I just stay the **** away from him, hit him from range to push him back or split or out of lane, and keep an eye on him on minimap so I don't get ganked by a silence hitting me from the side in lane.

Wish more people at least knew to keep him at range.

-- Oddible

Kaalika

10-29-2012

I'm not too great at Cho yet, you've just been unlucky in your Cho enemies.

Fs Son0fSilas

10-29-2012

Just keeping him at range won't work. You have to remember that he has a lot of sustain.

Generally, in a draft style game, you'll want someone who can keep him low. If he is building strictly AP get ganks early. He has no escapes. If he is really tanky make sure you are coming out on top of trades. Get him to miss, then punish him. You have to be able to bait out his silence and rupture. They will be on CD long enough get some heavy damage down.

Once late game comes, if you are facing a fed cho, you need to rely on strong team work. Again, bait Rupture, making sure squishies aren't caught in it (gg otherwise).

Champions with peal can protect carries. Taunts, Silences, Snares, Stuns, and Knock backs are best.

Early game large amounts of burst and dps will keep him away from farm. Mid game avoid getting caught in his combo. Late game use cc to keep him off carries, saving your strongest cc for the enemy carries.

A smart Cho (or any disruptive tank for that matter; Singed, Shen, Rammus, Malp, etc) will completely ignore a teams front line. They win gun for your carries, quickly tanking them down with even a moderate amount of AP.

Force them out of lane early, then keep them shut down. Don't let farm stacks either, and capitalize on his cooldowns early-mid game.

TheDjinni

10-29-2012

Problem with Cho is that once you can see his Q, if it's well placed it's virtually impossible to dodge. 0.65 seconds to dodge a 350 radius ability? Not gonna happen. You can dodge it if you predict where he's gonna place it and try to juke it before you see the target ring.

If he hits his Q (which is a whopping 1 second knockup and 3 second, 60% slow on a 1.0x AP ratio) he gets off his entire burst combo basically for free including probably a couple vorpal strike procs.

I think Cho might be stealth OP since the Q "bugfix" (buff). Just gotta be good with his Q.

So yeah, new players: good luck, hope the elo system works for ya.

Cat 6th

10-30-2012

About his Q, i noticed that its more easy to avoid when you move from the sides instead from near to far.
thats because most Cho's predict that you will try to go away from him, so they throw the Q circle a little back from your position.
So when you are in range of his Q, move to the left or to the right... and he will miss (at least i made chogarts miss 80% of their q's on early + mid games (on late games its more difficult because of his team).

Too bad Ch0's free week ended (but there's a whole colony of cho's when you go from level 10+)

Jeanschyso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

if the game lasts long enough for him to have a lot of HP, and you're someone doing AD, try Madred's bloodrazer.

it's an item in Attack speed that damages the enemies by a % of their max HP whenever you auto-attack them.

Also, a good way to avoid his Q is to use a dash ability on him right when you see it. Of course you gotta have a dash ability to do that XD