How/to for players seeking to get better

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Justificarium

10-31-2012

Just saying, it is increibly likely, guys, that when the words "Ignore women, aquire ELO" were used he meant irl not bothering trying to "pick up chicks" and play LoL all day, not "women have no rights, they should be seen not heard yada yada yada"

A bit silly to argue about it really when this guy is obvioulsy helping us newbs out

Jaspwns thanks for the link ^_^

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-31-2012

When the word 'rape' is used so commonly, obviously they don't mean the literal physical or mental abuse of another, but does that make the word okay? Being cavalier about something doesn't change the fact that it's an issue that we as gamers need to be honest with ourselves about. That isn't to say jokes about women, sexuality, etc are inherently evil, but there is a time and place for everything, and something that might be seen as borderline has no point being in a public forum (or one meant for helping players).

This is the first forum many players will see, and as such should be approached with a bit more tact.

I probably could have made my position a bit more clear in my first post, and for that I do apologize. My position is still readily apparent however, and as an earlier poster stated, saying 'dude it's just a joke, chill' has no effect whatsoever on the potential impact something has.

Kaalika

10-31-2012

Unconscious bigotry does happen and is most often passed along in jokes that aren't really that funny when you think about them. I've been unconsciously racist a few times in my life and then felt awful about it after when I realized what was underneath what I said. Hate using feminist buzzwords but "awareness" is a good thing sometimes.

Sure you probably didn't mean to offend, it just shows an unconscious bias in your thinking about women and not being aware that maybe women might be watching the stream too. Maybe chicks aren't things to acquire or decide not to acquire.

Anyway, gl for your friend's stream. Games are fun! Or should be.

bobsyunkl

10-31-2012

Anyway, back to the topic of this forum, I've been told that I'm kind of scrubby... I agree. But changing my play-style is really hard. Is there an easier way to be less of a scrubber?