[ITEM SUGGESTION] Push Pillar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pim007

10-28-2012

Pim's Push Pillar ( the name is a work in progress )

RECIPE:
Kage lucky pick 765g
Kindlegem 850g
recipecost: ~500g
-------------------- +
~2115g

STATS:
35 ability power
300 health
Passive: Unique: 15% cooldown reduction
Active: Push the target ( allied or enemy ) for "~350-400" range
in the direction they're facing. Only works if the target
hasn't been in combat for at least 3 seconds.
(60/90 second cooldown)

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Extra Info:

I came up with this item after the Deathfire Grasp nerf which basicly removed DFG as an option for a (fed) support.
With this nerf kage lucky pick basicly doesn't build into a good/viable support item anymore.

The ability to push someone in the direction they are facing opens up a lot of clutch initiating
options as opposed to the standard flash initiate or the full team shurelia initiate.

This ability does come with the option to troll your teammates (purposely pushing
them in the well for example). In the current League of Legends community this is
a legit concern and there should probably be an option that can prevent people
from 'helping' you. This is similar to Defense of the Ancients which features a lot
of these 'helping your teammates' items. I think this item can add a lot to
the game when balanced properly and people won't háve to deal with the items
if they dont want to.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Balancing/nuances:

In order to balance this item properly the numbers have to be right. The active ability's
range needs to be similar to flash's range in order to be worth it. It shouldn't however
become a replacement for flash, this is why the spell should only work when the target
hasn't been in combat for at least 3 seconds, but maybe the range of the active ability
also needs to be smaller than flash's in order to be balanced. Another thing that should be
taken into account when balancing the range is whether the active should be capable of
pushing people over walls.

The item should be pretty expensive in order to force supports to make a choice between
Shurelias and the Push Pillar, because the combination of the two items could be really
strong. To prevent for example the jungler from getting shurelias and the support getting
the push pillar, there might need to be an extra cooldown on the targets effected by either
shurelias or push pillar so that they cannot be effected by both items in a short period.
This would also fix the initial problem of the support having both items.

In order for this item not to become a main item for ap mids, the items stats shouldn't be
too high for its costs, same goes for ap junglers like malphite.

Lastly, I'm not sure whether the active ability should also be able to be casted on enemies.
This option does open up a lot of clutch plays, but it might be too much.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

I look forward to a reaction, because I seriously think this item would be a cool addition to the game.

Kind regards,

Pim

IGN: Pim008 (EUW)

Elphrihaim

10-28-2012

Snide Comment: Hehehe, looks just like Impact Dial from Aeon of Storms *[Cite 1]. Though I guess it's better for this game than giving Armor to give Health.

I feel that 600 range would be fine for such an item; and removing the out-of-combat requirement. Also allowing it to target enemy champions would be cool.
This would make it usable to pursue and prevent enemies from running away, etc.; but I understand that you don't want it to make people choose different Summoner skills so that they can have something useful like Transport instead of having to get Flash.

Also, I feel it'd be totally fine if it had a 40 second cooldown or so.

Also, first post yaaay.

Cite 1: Link: http://www.aeonofstorms.com/index.ph...database-v147/

Impact Dial
Recipe Cost: 600
Total Cost: 1740
Required Items: Storm Pauldrons [INT], Neosteel Vestments [Armor]
+25 Intelligence
+4 Armor
[Active] Push target unit several units in the direction it is facing over 0.5 seconds. 20 second cooldown.

Pim007

10-29-2012

the range is definitely debatable, however if the item becomes a substitute for flash i fear it will be way too overpowered. That's why i 'fixed' it with the combat requirement, so the item cannot be used to get teammates out of ****ty situations.
Using the item on enemies is for sure a cool feature, however this will have to be taken into account with the range, because we dont want to be focusing on our positioning too much so it doesnt become annoying, but just something to keep in mind.

Elphrihaim

10-29-2012

I feel that an item slot and the money invested in the item would be enough to make up for the fact that it is basically Flash...
I feel that if it can't be used in combat then it really doesn't have a point as a support item; and using it to initiate would be tricky, no?

Bliztron

10-29-2012

Pushing/pulling allies has been forbid by Riot because of possible trolling