I got banned for your server failing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Choronus

10-30-2012

Ok, to answer everyone: I was banned for 3 days. This happened because my router was faulty. I originally thought this was a possibility, and reset the router after being continually frozen in games. I learned my lesson, and tried a game with my brother. Worked fine. So I decide to try again. I am suddenly banned for three days. Why? Because of a faulty router. Which has been fixed. I am sorry, but I would appreciate it if this was fixed, my banning, that is. Thank you for helping me.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chaser676

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choronus View Post
Ok, to answer everyone: I was banned for 3 days. This happened because my router was faulty. I originally thought this was a possibility, and reset the router after being continually frozen in games. I learned my lesson, and tried a game with my brother. Worked fine. So I decide to try again. I am suddenly banned for three days. Why? Because of a faulty router. Which has been fixed. I am sorry, but I would appreciate it if this was fixed, my banning, that is. Thank you for helping me.
Sigh... this is really hard to explain without people getting angry, so try to keep an open mind.

The way Riot issues bans is through an automated system called leaverbuster. It is impossible for leaverbuster to tell the difference between somebody whose internet goes out or someone who gets fed up and shuts off the computer. While you may not intend to, you leaving games because of a bad router ruins the experience for the other 9 people. Your intentions aren't being punished, the outcomes are. So, if you've gotten your internet fixed and you won't leave again on a regular basis, you won't have anything to worry about!