I got banned for your server failing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Choronus

10-29-2012

Excuse me, but I am really upset. I love this game, however I have just been banned until Nov. 1st because the internet connection for LOL is faulty! Please help me. If I am not helped, I will be forced to either complain directly, create a new account, or simply quit playing altogether.

Gotanychimsphere

10-29-2012

The only time I've ever had problems with disconnections is playing on wireless internet. Riot will announce if servers are having problems though.

chaser676

10-29-2012

The servers haven't crashed in 2 weeks, and games interupted by server problems are forgiven. Also, it takes 3 leaves without reconnecting to reach leaver level 1.. are you sure you're telling us the whole truth?

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

10-29-2012

currently i can't play due to it saying game abondoned when i never was in a game, and it trying to connect to a game not existent and just sits at the connecting screen. all whilst saying i abandoned a game. each time i log in it says reconnect, i hit it then it just sits forever. been like this for hours now.

Creepy4

10-29-2012

As a note, you won't get banned for one abandoned game. It takes a fair amount of game abandonment for them to start registering. It's a system specifically intended to protect people from being banned due to power failures, server crashes, sudden emergencies, or other such things that force you out of games.

If you got banned for leaving this game, well, it likely means you've left a lot of games already.

Choronus

10-30-2012

I know it seems like my fault, but it is not. When I am in a match, It will freeze my character. Then I will be kicked off. I wait for 5 minutes then get back on. I am then frozen and booted off again. This repeats until I am ultimately banned for 3 days. Seriously?!?! I don't do this on purpose. I have never purposely left a game.

Burbinator

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choronus View Post
I know it seems like my fault, but it is not. When I am in a match, It will freeze my character. Then I will be kicked off. I wait for 5 minutes then get back on. I am then frozen and booted off again. This repeats until I am ultimately banned for 3 days. Seriously?!?! I don't do this on purpose. I have never purposely left a game.
It is most definitely a problem with your computer or internet.

Also, intent doesn't matter. You keep trying to play without figuring out the problem and keep ruining the game for 9 other people every single time you do this. Stop it.

Bottes Phoque

10-30-2012

When I had connections problems, I created custom games (me only) to test different options until I had found a solution.

That's what you should do instead of joining real games.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDCxChopSuey View Post
When I had connections problems, I created custom games (me only) to test different options until I had found a solution.

That's what you should do instead of joining real games.
Wait... you mean you don't keep bashing your head against a wall when there are doors to try?

chaser676

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choronus View Post
That's a problem with your internet, actually. You'll get a different error set if Riot is at fault