Okay... Am I the only one who thinks going for Vilemaw is pointless?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tom BombadiI

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamorgan View Post
pointlessly hard boss that doesn't repay the time you used on him?

Yeah.

Stick to wrecking their base.
exactly!

Iliketurtle

10-29-2012

T
O
O
powerful so I agree

Showalter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

I've hardly seen Vilemaw work. If you get an ace it makes more sense to destroy some of their base or grab the altars, but if you attack Vilemaw when the enemy team is still alive it always seem to end up with your team getting killed. I try to avoid it, personally. Because the map is so small it is pretty easy for the other team to come gank your team while you are going for Vilemaw, and since it deals so much damage you can't fight them after killing it. I guess if you have one person solo Vilemaw while the rest of the team defends the solo-er, it works.

Vantooth

10-29-2012

From level 11 (not fed) on on I saw people who can solo him with vayne, shyvana, xin zhao, warwick, teemo (AD build), tryndamere, master yi, garen and probably many other can. The core item to solo him is blade of the ruined king, afterward you just need some kind of heal and/or attack speed.

But yes, it isn't so much worth it. I personnaly only go solo him while my team members do something else and I am sure of not being disturbed while my solo, in which case in about 10-15 second just gave a massive bonus for all the team members without wasting any time.

Sterling Malory

10-29-2012

Ace, altar, Vilemaw, ace, push.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Bruhmane

10-29-2012

Whats up with all the people saying they can solo him with X Y Z champs and getting downvoted?

Bad kids are mad kids?

Jigggy

11-02-2012

I arrived in Vilemaw's chamber at 9:55 into the game as Sion, waited 5 seconds to ult, then killed him by 10:21 solo.

Paperdollparade

11-02-2012

you can solo Vilemaw at lvl 11 with fiora as long as you have decent lifesteal and Attack speed. I've done it a number of times while the enemy team was either distracted in lane or a few enemies were dead. As far as the enemy team killing all of you after, well you should have picked a better time to kill Vilemaw or been more aware of enemy positions

èXx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

I just use the spider as bait for a teamfight. Also have shen Q it, problem solved.

NotoriousBLT

11-02-2012

The only champ I've seen solo Vilemaw is Lee but I don't remember what level he was. Not saying you're all wrong and he's the only one, just saying I've seen him actually do it.

In some ways I like the threat that Vilemaw presents in that he deals a significant amount of damage but I just don't know if the buff he gives is really worth the effort of killing him. I mean mana and health regen are great but AS and CDR aren't as useful at the point when you'll be looking to take Vilemaw (if ever). Honestly, most of the time when my team could be doing Vilemaw we opt to take both shrines and or push a tower or two instead.

I very much agree with the assessment that you really only go for Vilemaw when you're already winning. I've only had one game where my team sneaked a Vilemaw kill and it really didn't do THAT much for us aside from preventing the other team from getting the buff.

I think there's a few things Riot might want to try out to make Vilemaw feel like a more important objective and also less like a death trap if any of the enemy team is still up. Keep in mind these are just some initial thoughts I really haven't given a whole ton of time to hash out.

1.) Increase the buffs he gives. Maybe beef up the increased tower damage a bit more or provide an AP and AD buff similar to Baron.

2.) Add some brush to the entrances so people can't just wander by in lane and say "Oh look they're doing Vilemaw, let's gank the **** out of them and take it from them!"

3.) Lower Vilemaw's overall DPS just a bit so he doesn't obliterate squishy champions. I can honestly say I've seen more "Vilemaw has killed X champion" notifications in just the past 2 weeks than I've ever seen "Baron Nashor has killed X champion" notifications in my entire time playing league.

TL;DR Yes, I agree that Vilemaw isn't terribly worth the effort at the moment and needs some adjustments to make him really fit well.