Why do you consider TT to be essentially Dominon?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

Not necessarily challenging you, but I'm hearing a LOT of people compare the new TT to Dominion and how they essentially, "Dominionized" the map.

Few things here. First, to give my credentials, I am a high ranked Dominion player, and was fairly high on the top 100 players list before I left for boot camp for the Coast Guard. After elo decay ruined my elo I climbed my way back up to 2100+ elo (source: http://lolmatches.com/player/na/19014847/BigDaddyRelish ). I play Dominion a LOT as it's my game mode of choice, and I like to think I'm pretty good at it.

That's important because what from my perspective, the new Twisted Treeline plays absolutely ****ing nothing like Dominion. The only similarity I see in them are that Dominion has capture points, and TT has the altars. However, their role, how people pursue them, and how they affect the course of gameplay as a whole is so insanely different that after playing ~20-30 games of the new TT and over 1000 games of Dominion, it's a bit baffling that people are making that comparison.

So.... why is TT so similar to Dominion? And an even better question, even IF TT is Dominion's baby, why is that such a bad thing? And before you hurr durr Dominion is a mindless kill fest and has no strategy, I'm going to have to ask you to find a better response because that assumption has been dead wrong since day 1, and those are the players that will be forever low elo in both SR AND Dom.

urmamasllama

10-29-2012

Hey relish just fyi I already made this thread pretty much :-P you might wanna read through it. Its on the front page but I can't link right now

Redenbacher

10-29-2012

Much of this discussion has already been had here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2737798

Basically what it boils down to, for those that responded, is not that Dominion is necessarily bad. The point is that the elements of Dominion are not desired in the TT landscape, as different as they may be in terms of their role in the game's outcome.

There is the misconception that TT 'plays like Dominion', which is false. However those that communicate their ideas a little more clearly have explained they simply don't appreciate speed shrines and point capture in the middle of TT gameplay, which I think is a fair complaint.

If Nome turned around and emphasized laning more in Dominion, I think we'd be comparably pissed off.