Are any squishy champions viable?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaquintosh

10-30-2012

I've lost to Vayne + two bruisers.

I play Akali a lot, and usually wreck with her.

Ezrael has a good escape mecanism, and so can live through a lot of fights.

I've seen a few Malzahar's do well.

Shaco is great, in the right hands, due to his toolkit.

Plenty of non-tank, non-bruiser champions are viable. You just can't easily build straight glass cannon, because it's so easy to get caught out.

Krystalnacht

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbane View Post
I currently have a 9-0 streak as Zyra atm, so that debunks casters being "bad". I've seen brand do VERY well. with that being said, no matter who you pick, DON'T think about the late game, you buy items that boost your damage as early as possible and don't look back. Nuking people seems to be way more important than being tanky and moderate late game.
To say that because you play zyra and do well doesnt mean squishy casters are viable in the least. She has incredible CC and can sit behind her plant turrets for increased survivability. most squishies dont have that luxury and are easily crushed by a bruiser that can close the distance on them, as there is really no place to run or heaven forbid , flash through a wall to. Good luck trying to be diverse in your team picks, as this map is very unforgiving on a non tanky/bruiser team makeup!

Clockworksummonr

10-30-2012

Orianna can do well if she has two DPS's to stand behind

Sam

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
I've been testing out a few new comps with Hao and Raina and we think we found a primarily squishy comp that might actually be fairly competitive...

We'll have to scrim against Sam's team on stream sometime and see if it measures up xD

You won't win.

Sam > Vesh
BaBeeQ > Hao
Vsepr > Raina... ... ... ...

xD

LyrGamer

10-30-2012

Orianna

her shield is amazing and she can scout brush

LTK Goggles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Personally I play whatever I enjoy in the 3v3 map as the new items help for this and almost any character does great there if you have a niche for them. I think its finding the niche role they fit in that makes it seem like they are not that great.

FrostRevenant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

you'll need a touch of defense but otherwise alot of squishy characters are now viable.

HerbaNoctis

10-30-2012

Nunu lets squishy AD's wreck easily in addition to ****ting on a lot of bruisers especially Tryndamere, Fiora, Jax, and Teemo. Nunu himself isn't squishy but he can peel significantly for a squishy from what I've seen. He's also very dangerous to challenge while capping because of his ult (which you can just pop and get a long channel off with before anyone gets there if they're really determined; it usually just scares people off) and he has great Vilemaw control with consume. The profusion of bushes also lets him get off some great Empire ults especially around capture points (ulting from brush while someone else caps to bait people into ult is hilarious).

OnlyBotLane

10-30-2012

Depends on the champ and the other teams champs. My team usually plays shaco but he isn't as effective if the other team is 3 tanks but if there is a squishy on the other team he usually gets fed.

JUN10R36

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbaNoctis View Post
Nunu lets squishy AD's wreck easily in addition to ****ting on a lot of bruisers especially Tryndamere, Fiora, Jax, and Teemo. Nunu himself isn't squishy but he can peel significantly for a squishy from what I've seen. He's also very dangerous to challenge while capping because of his ult (which you can just pop and get a long channel off with before anyone gets there if they're really determined; it usually just scares people off) and he has great Vilemaw control with consume.
Most champions just stun/knockback/ult nunu and his ult is disrupted. Either way, I just started to build a more balanced adc or ap burst and it's working better