Are any squishy champions viable?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CyanShock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

Kat, Brand, Teemo, Fizz, and a few others i've seen do really well in the past couple days

DragnDave

10-29-2012

I've done really well with Karthus and he's as squishy as they come.

Ophirr

10-29-2012

Ashe works will with a double tank team, IE; Ashe, Mundo, and Singed. Perma Slow and cc ftw!

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

Ziggs pretty much carried a game for me yesterday, sure he had me as jayce and a Riven Peeling for him but he was the one doing all the damage and god was it high.

WillWW

10-29-2012

Out of 20 games, probably 6 teemo, and 5 lux. We did well every time. Lux does well, just make sure you dint stand near bushes with paths from them. Hard to get a stun off when theyre right on you.

HayabusaZero

10-29-2012

Since it went on Beta in Live, i have try different type of champs in this new TT and i feel it has the same problem as the old TT: squishy champs aren't viable with proper items.

If you can buy a Ruined King, an AD carry turns into a deathly killing machine, for example. The problem? Get alive without feeding to that point of the match. AP champs have nice items, but Bruisers with gap closers are still op in this map.

Items is a key in all this, but Riot won't release the Season 3 items yet, so until that point it is better to play a bruiser if you want to seriously win on the map (but if you have a team that can work around squishy champs and you win, that's great!).

My personal opinion, of course.

Cepheus

10-29-2012

ran into a nidalee last night that wrecked with her spears. the vision of the altars plus all the brush makes her a very good pick if not countered.

Kise

10-29-2012

Basically.... whoever has a good early+mid game on SR will snowball TT2. I haven't seen a carry do that good outside of Yi.

Lolki

10-29-2012

I have done excellent with Zyra as well. And squishy is more a term about how you build your items then the inherent nature of the champion. I always build for a bit of defense and speed primary with damage secondary. Boots and a Ruby Crystal first, which I turn into a catalyst and boots of swiftness.

Haeval

10-29-2012

this is the formula for the new TT, as quoted by Sam, in a game with Vesh:

"Man, like bruisers and one ap burst is, like, the only way to go, to win these."

Vesh (though it took him 5 minutes to come up with a response) replied that he thought squishies and ad carries were viable. They went on to test that. It failed, and they started losing. Then they tried to start over, with a new ranked team, testing it again. It failed, and they gave up for the night.

If you want to watch the stream (whenever they're on), go here:

http://www.twitch.tv/sam

I found it to be hilarious.