Shouldn't be called Twisted Treeline...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Indoran

10-29-2012

It should be called New York city. Seriously the openings to the jungle for ganks are straight up and down, like a city block, and there's a direct path from left to right. There isn't really anything "twisted" about this lane. The previous map had more obstacles to go around and the center of the jungle was focused on a fight for red buff, not a speed increases altar that serves no competitive purpose. On the old TT map, red buff played a major role in starting team battles...you didn't want to let the other team get control of that buff.
The altars are also a disappointment. Anything dominion related should be left out of 3v3 and 5v5 lane maps. Plus, if one of your team mates dies it is VERY difficult to defend your altar especially since the enemy team can cap it in just a few seconds, even if the other two team mates are running up to defend it. The left and right sides of the lower jungle in the old map used to be FULL of bushes and brush to hide in, making surprise ganks very effective if done well. Now, there are hardly any bushes and the jungle has 2 more openings on the bottom and essentially 2 more on the top, making it easy to escape any fights going on in the jungle. The fact that the old map had two openings to red buff on the bottom, and 1 on either side made it possible to corner someone in that area and make them choose between fighting or burning flash or another cd (if they had it) in order to escape over the wall to the top lane.
The removal of the upper jungle was also a disappointment. I, and most of the people I have played the old 3v3 map with, agree that it was better to have the possibility of ganking top lane from the top OR the bottom jungle, especially with the speed boost buff; rather than just the possibility to try and sneak past Vilemaw.
About the removal of wards, my only question is ... Why? League of Legends is based around warding and sight. Often the team that is more willing to buy wards and keep their enemies territory lit up wins. Now, anyone can jungle because there's no real way to keep sight of the jungle other than that one item that lights it up for a few seconds, but even that can only be used at close-range.

The only real positives I see about this map are the wall separating the nexus from the item shop, and vilemaw instead of dragon. All the new items should be removed because the game should allow for everyone to build the same way they build in 5s. The old map should just be touched up with new graphics and skins, and the wall idea. But please bring back the old map. This new one is too similar to Dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nateddog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

I agree with this completely. I am not a veteran of league. As a matter of fact I plan on hitting level 30 finally today. That being said, I miss the old TT because for me it was a nice stepping stone for rookie players such as myself to build up to the main 5v5 map. I play summoner's rift too, but I only have 2 good friends that play the game with me consistently so we like to play TT so that we can comprise the whole team. Our plan was to play TT to lvl 30, then look for more to form a 5v5 team with. However, with the new changes to 3v3, it is a whole new game that is basically dominion part 2. Which by the way I hate dominion. I played it for 1 day. Lost a few, won a few, didn't enjoy any of them. I think the new map was a cool idea to add, but why did they have to REMOVE something from the game just to add this in. Why can't they have both. The only good thing was adding the wall between the platform and the nexus. Heavy turtling teams was so annoying.