Ranked and AFKs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tony DiNardo

2 Weeks Ago

So the topic of AFKs and ppl who never even load into a ranked game has been brought up soo many times and nothing has been done. Loss prevention has been talked about and whole myriad of other things. However, I do not believe the following has ever been brought up. Since riot refuses to allow loss prevention for AFKs in ranked (completely dumb imo b/c everyone should be on the same level (in theory) obviously you will lose a 4v5) what if players in game were allowed to take over the said AFK champion and play asthem after they had been afk for say 10min or something. Because it is possible to win a 4v5 but when its your jinx adc that AFKs or similar and you are playing Braum support or similar there is no way for you to help carry the game. Even if you get other lanes fed. Not to mention with the nerfs to assassins it's even harder than before because it's harder to carry with them and feeding them is only so helpful now.

I don't think this is necessarily the answer, but I do feel that SOMETHING needs to be done!!! Why do es Riot allow this to just g on? Looking at the video from the game play its easy to see if someone never enters the game because they dont buy anything, dont move, and are still lvl 1 at the end. Please just do something Riot.

TheRikari

2 Weeks Ago

Just what I'm looking for.
4V5 match costing me 21LP when we were guaranteed to win if she was there,we went 8-0 early game and wrecked everything. this sorta stuff made me drop 4 divisions,either this,riven support or just plain getting wrecked. i know thats not the point of your topic,but seriously, 21LP FOR A 4V5?!?!(btw its like you said,the adc tristana was afk dont ask how we wrecked)

http://postimg.org/image/pxknn5jo9/

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AFK3.png
Views:	10
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	1038598  

Yung Hulu

2 Weeks Ago

I agree. There should be a new option added to where if somebody is AFK somebody else can take there position after set time. I was actually thinking of the same thing last night. Some people troll hard, some people have bad internet connection, others rage quit, etc. What ever the reason is it's still un-beneficial to the remainder of the team playing. Considering this happens a lot in rank makes it even more stressful. How can you expect people to progress if you have this happen so much? It lowers morale and allowing to go on creates a more toxic community. Not to mention if you do want to progress like stated before 1 AFK can cause a whole match. So what happens when this happens a lot in rank? You drop in rank. I think even if a team mate is AFK, feeding, or completely uncooperative there should a button to team vote that player off. Then a new player from lets say team builder or any queue in general can join to fill his spot.

XDM9

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Hulu View Post
I agree. There should be a new option added to where if somebody is AFK somebody else can take there position after set time. I was actually thinking of the same thing last night. Some people troll hard, some people have bad internet connection, others rage quit, etc. What ever the reason is it's still un-beneficial to the remainder of the team playing. Considering this happens a lot in rank makes it even more stressful. How can you expect people to progress if you have this happen so much? It lowers morale and allowing to go on creates a more toxic community. Not to mention if you do want to progress like stated before 1 AFK can cause a whole match. So what happens when this happens a lot in rank? You drop in rank. I think even if a team mate is AFK, feeding, or completely uncooperative there should a button to team vote that player off. Then a new player from lets say team builder or any queue in general can join to fill his spot.
The main problem is this: it takes absolutely no effort whatsoever to get into the ranked scene. At all.

Once you hit 30, no matter how abysmally horrible you are, you're going to get into Bronze, and you're going to be dragging down your team indefinitely since no one can stop you from continuing to play Bronze. This is why probably 50-60% of bronze players are so irreparrably bad that they will never get out of Bronze. They are literally 10 years old in many cases and have no concept of how the game works, yet they stuck around until 30 and didn't learn anything and are now an impediment to players with legitimate ability.

All it takes is one stupid ten year old getting yelled at by his mother to go upstairs and brush his teeth and go to bed to ruin an entire team's chances at ranking up into the next league.

This has happened to me now 3x in a row, where I've gotten to my Silver promo and then gotten stuck with people who literally do not understand conceptually how the roles are supposed to work.

Riot needs a fix mechanism to prevent young children from playing ranked. It could be instant ban. I don't care.

If you AFK during a ranked match you should be permabanned. This can be applied on a 3 strike policy.

First ban 72 hours. Second ban two weeks. Third ban permanent.

Having to AFK in a normal game doesn't matter (it's normals) but during ranked you are directly ruining hours upon hours of four other peoples' efforts.