Riot refuses to refund money after store error doesn't give me riot points

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SynRG

10-29-2012

Over a week ago I tried to purchase $20 worth of riot points via PayPal. I went though the PayPal process and when I arrived back at the LoL store to confirm the purchase, it resulted in an error and asked me to try again later. I tried again. Same error. I am now out $40 with no riot points.

I have been trying unsuccessfully on 2 different support tickets to get a refund. I keep getting sent the same canned response that my credit card was probably declined. It's not a credit card! It's PayPal! I provided all the info including PayPal transaction ids, and even a step by step list of exactly what went wrong.

This is absolutely the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I do not know how to get your support rep "RayFizz" to read my ticket. They just send the same canned response text!

I would like a refund. Otherwise I am taking this to the PayPal dispute center.

Ticket numbers: 3968779, 3937434

SaniBobani

10-29-2012

Same is happening with my i bought $20 with my card was told to provide email summoner name and in game name this was on the 26th and i have not heard anything back since

Tanathalis

10-29-2012

Bump

SynRG

10-29-2012

After posting this, Riot finally refunded my purchase in paypal.

SaniBobani

10-29-2012

i still have yet to see anything sadly :/ hopefully soon ticket number is #3968233

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

10-29-2012

On situations where a transaction has an error often times what you see on the funds, via PayPal or Credit Card, is a hold by the merchant services. The money hasn't actually traded hands, and because of this the merchant (Riot), can't issue a refund. As it doesn't have the money....

Depending on the financial institution the hold is released within 3 business days, and in some more rare cases can be up to 30 business days.

SaniBobani

10-29-2012

On my credit card i got charged the $20 i can see the activity i had $30.26 in my account bought the RP and now i have $10.26 i can even send a picture in if need be and this has been the same for 5 almost 6 days