Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot refuses to refund money after store error doesn't give me riot points

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SynRG

10-29-2012

Over a week ago I tried to purchase $20 worth of riot points via PayPal. I went though the PayPal process and when I arrived back at the LoL store to confirm the purchase, it resulted in an error and asked me to try again later. I tried again. Same error. I am now out $40 with no riot points.

I have been trying unsuccessfully on 2 different support tickets to get a refund. I keep getting sent the same canned response that my credit card was probably declined. It's not a credit card! It's PayPal! I provided all the info including PayPal transaction ids, and even a step by step list of exactly what went wrong.

This is absolutely the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I do not know how to get your support rep "RayFizz" to read my ticket. They just send the same canned response text!

I would like a refund. Otherwise I am taking this to the PayPal dispute center.

Ticket numbers: 3968779, 3937434

SaniBobani

10-29-2012

Same is happening with my i bought $20 with my card was told to provide email summoner name and in game name this was on the 26th and i have not heard anything back since

Tanathalis

10-29-2012

Bump

SynRG

10-29-2012

After posting this, Riot finally refunded my purchase in paypal.

SaniBobani

10-29-2012

i still have yet to see anything sadly :/ hopefully soon ticket number is #3968233

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

10-29-2012

On situations where a transaction has an error often times what you see on the funds, via PayPal or Credit Card, is a hold by the merchant services. The money hasn't actually traded hands, and because of this the merchant (Riot), can't issue a refund. As it doesn't have the money....

Depending on the financial institution the hold is released within 3 business days, and in some more rare cases can be up to 30 business days.

SaniBobani

10-29-2012

On my credit card i got charged the $20 i can see the activity i had $30.26 in my account bought the RP and now i have $10.26 i can even send a picture in if need be and this has been the same for 5 almost 6 days