Jungle Yi?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AtW NeoN

10-03-2010

Looking for some help. I have full armor pen runes / an HP quint, mana regen blue and yellows. Not going to buy more just to jungle.

With smite, I can't even kill golem at level 1 unless Alpha procs. Too risky. Everything else feels WAY too slow for a jungler using smite. So what gives?

King K Rool

10-03-2010

Don't start at blue as Yi. Do the Golems by red first, then wraiths, wolves, then golem, and finally go back to red. Get one level of Alpha to start, then max Wuju then do as you please.

AtW NeoN

10-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotsFTW View Post
Don't start at blue as Yi. Do the Golems by red first, then wraiths, wolves, then golem, and finally go back to red. Get one level of Alpha to start, then max Wuju then do as you please.
Do I need smite?

King K Rool

10-03-2010

Yes you do. Smite the first golem then smite should be up by the time you do blue.

mamnos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-03-2010

You need smite if you want to get out of jungle in finite time and you're not extremely lucky with alpha procs. I don't think you need that much mana regen runes. I wholeheartedly recommend you armor yellows.

Ad Victoriam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeonus View Post
Looking for some help. I have full armor pen runes / an HP quint, mana regen blue and yellows. Not going to buy more just to jungle.

With smite, I can't even kill golem at level 1 unless Alpha procs. Too risky. Everything else feels WAY too slow for a jungler using smite. So what gives?
Crit runes are better for jungling than armor pen. Also, you can start at Blue OR at the golems as Yi, but to start at blue you're going to want some cooldowns and/or crit runes to chop it down faster.

Masteries I take are 1/18/11 or something along those lines: smite, armor and reduced dmg from minions and stuff in defense, and buff durations in utility.

After you get blue, you should be level 2, so grab W. Heal up with pot and W and continue through the jungle. I find it to not be too bad, the only time I had trouble in jungle as Yi was when my team stole Blue xp and I had to go back to base to heal up too early.

AtW NeoN

10-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotsFTW View Post
Yes you do. Smite the first golem then smite should be up by the time you do blue.
Alright I'll give it a go. How RNG reliant is this jungle yi (alpha)? Seems like it gets really really tough to get Golem at 3-4 if you didn't proc a lot early on.

WhackedRak

10-03-2010

No no no,, dont listen to these buffoons

You start with Wuju.. and you can do blue easy at lvl 1 with the aid of a health pot

shouldn't matter what runes. i did it everytime with armor pen, but i also did it everytime with ATsp and some crit chance

sooo ya. you can start at blue with Wuju and smite

Contralize

10-03-2010

^ I jungle yi all the time and you'll have to start at the two golems then move your way up, ignore red then go to blue, leach some eexp then kill the blue.

King K Rool

10-03-2010

Yes ignore the Senior members. I mean experience is bad right?