Does nasus require/deserve a rework to become viable again ?

Yes he does. 63 56.76%
No he doesn't. 48 43.24%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Nasus no longer belongs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

danwilson

10-29-2012

I think Nasus is a complicated champion. Yes, he needs to farm to be useful, most champions do. But getting shut down seems to hurt him more because of his Q. I'm against a rework as I like his kit, as I think he's good with the right team, meaning a jungler that can help him free farm.

I like his abilities as they are. E is probably underutilized, but I imagine it's good for jungling and late game can be used on your own squishies to deter attacks, plus take out entire waves of minions attacking turrets, and I think the armor reduction is being overlooked.

H3atmiser

10-29-2012

I've mastered Nasus, and I can safely say that he is a force to be reckoned with. The key to playing him is to survive the early game and to utterly farm the **** in mid game. People think he needs a buff with his early game, but honestly any good Nasus can turtle up behind his turret for the first 10 mins and be perfectly fine for the rest of the game.

Sure, Teemo can be a pretty hard counter for ole' Nasus. However, the main reason why I love Nasus so much is that he scales so quickly in the mid game, that the counter effect is almost mitigated completely if you build him right. Building aegis, life steal, and CDR (Glacial Shroud ftw) pretty much allows Nasus to free farm around Teemo. The life generated from his auto-attack and Q almost completely mitigates Teemo's damage.

The key to Nasus: ignore enemy champions completely, and get enough lane sustainability to just farm, farm, farm. Maxing out CDR is an absolute must for quicker farm of his Q and a pretty much indefinite slow with his W.

Ruka Urushibara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brony Raven View Post
Not exactly sure what you ment there mate.
I meant to say that when nasus farms his Q on a kill, that instead of getting +3 damage on the Q like it normally does, that he may get .5 AD and 1 AP, and increase the scaling on his Q. This might give more power to his E and ult. Yes, his Q damage would go down, but he would also have a decent autoattack, right?

Qc tinmoncriss

10-29-2012

nasus is still the strongest late game champ in his ulti, if you farm your Q.
He's a late game pick. Your slow, slow the attack speed too, use it against other adc and you will kill them easily.

vortical42

10-29-2012

The biggest problem with Nasus right now is that his Q increases by the same amount no matter what you hit with it. Any kind of roaming or jungling with him is simply going to cost him too much in lost farm, tying him into a rally bring top lane. My suggestion would be to have the increase to his Q depend on the max health of the target. Since jungle minions tend to be stronger than lane minions, a jungle Nasus should be able to keep up with a Laner. It would also fit nicely with the anti tank/anti bruiser capabilities provided by the rest of his kit. A high health bruiser would give Nasus a stronger boost than killing a squishy carry.

Orbital Nuke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

Early AP nasus is quite fun and viable in normals.
You Rush mana cup and then spam your maxed spirit fire w/ Pen boots on enemy champions.
Then you transition into tanky items while getting a lichbane.

Mass clear minion waves with your E while your getting levels on your Q...

Once you have lichbane, you get frozen heart and then upgrade to athenes then Aegis Legion, Randuins etc...

In team fights you can almost permanently keep wither on the ADC due to Cooldown Reduction. Your Ult drains for quite a bit due to the pen boots, and your Q does hella damage from lichbane, especially to opponents in the spirit fire who have -40 armor.

they key here is not to worry about farming the Q or that it builds up damage. spirit fire clears waves on its own and you should try and get one stack of Damage on your Q each wave with one of the minions in the fire, but at the end game it might only have +100 damage... but you are still winning... because with the lichbane and AOE fire and AOE ultimate you disrupt so much in teamfights they don't know what is going on...

The Blue Jelly

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnino59 View Post
i totally agree with the whole running flash/ignite people dont understand that nasus ISNT a quick burst down quick kill champ and usually try that and thats why post that he sucks, i usually run exhaust/ghost cause let me tell ive been on both sides of the situation me getting chased while exhausted and withered by a deccently farmed nasus, and me chasing someone as nasus (kinda gives you the "ha run lil girl* moments) but hes too team dependent if his team cant hold their own then nasus isnt such a great addition to the team...
I'd consider running exhaust if the non-ability-nerfing version of it wasn't my W; Would rather have Tele to get me to the farm faster XD It'd be nice in 1v2 situations, but that's what Ghost + R is for =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by unhai View Post
Q - doesn't get big enough fast enough, a great farm game will mean 200 farm and his E had to of been on cooldown for some of those, as a result he is getting about +100-150x3 damage this is in a great game over about 30 minutes and he needs to be off farming and not helping his team in order to accomplish all of this

E - useless, no point in having it on him should be changed for a new ability, preferably one that can add a different source of damage to his kit because all it is now is basic attacks and Q
This really is his problem; at the start of Season 2 Riot made a number of changes to try and speed up games. Nasus is still designed for late game, only he's optimized for *old* late game, which is now late-late game.

The problem is he's still quite fun and useful even with the shortened average game length, and Riot doesn't want to break him for people that like his style.

Agreed with E, though he does have % life magic damage on R (his R is amazing). I'm honestly not sure what they can do with E to make it more useable without making him OP. Nasus with a targetted or untargetted gap closer ability (re: not flash which has an over-4-minute CD) would be a frightful sight.

Random thought:
The biggest thing about laning against Nasus is that he wins if he farms unless you can destroy his team's moral before he's ready to carry.
As such, Nasus is a counterpick to Shen. The reason I say this is because Shen's power lies in his ability to split push and leave his lane- his map presence. Against Nasus he cannot leave his lane. If he tries to shove the lane, Nasus will gleefully freeze it until Shen gets back, freefarming his Q. And thus, Shen guarantees that Nasus will have his Q farmed if he tries to be himself.

Brony Raven

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Jelly View Post

Random thought:
The biggest thing about laning against Nasus is that he wins if he farms unless you can destroy his team's moral before he's ready to carry.
As such, Nasus is a counterpick to Shen. The reason I say this is because Shen's power lies in his ability to split push and leave his lane- his map presence. Against Nasus he cannot leave his lane. If he tries to shove the lane, Nasus will gleefully freeze it until Shen gets back, freefarming his Q. And thus, Shen guarantees that Nasus will have his Q farmed if he tries to be himself.

Thank you for all the input! @All the comments before this.

And also regarding the random thought, I have always considerd nasus to be strong against shen for more or less the same reasons, the same goes I guess for any top laner who tries to roam a bit too much I guess.

IIxeenoxII

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbital Nuke View Post
Early AP nasus is quite fun and viable in normals.
You Rush mana cup and then spam your maxed spirit fire w/ Pen boots on enemy champions.
Then you transition into tanky items while getting a lichbane.

Mass clear minion waves with your E while your getting levels on your Q...

Once you have lichbane, you get frozen heart and then upgrade to athenes then Aegis Legion, Randuins etc...

In team fights you can almost permanently keep wither on the ADC due to Cooldown Reduction. Your Ult drains for quite a bit due to the pen boots, and your Q does hella damage from lichbane, especially to opponents in the spirit fire who have -40 armor.

they key here is not to worry about farming the Q or that it builds up damage. spirit fire clears waves on its own and you should try and get one stack of Damage on your Q each wave with one of the minions in the fire, but at the end game it might only have +100 damage... but you are still winning... because with the lichbane and AOE fire and AOE ultimate you disrupt so much in teamfights they don't know what is going on...
This, AP nasus is nasty early game. Spirit fire allows you to zone your enemy and farm to your heart's content. You don't need much ap to deal dmg either SFs initial dmg is pretty good. You do need mana regen though. I like Athenes then trinity then tank.

elnino59

10-29-2012

i mean like i said i know that nasus is meant for the late game and tower hugging is ideal but the thing is that nasus is too situational...you NEED a good jungler to help top lane i dont care what you tell me you can be the safest nasus the tankiest nasus but if your team comp doesnt work well without him he wont be much help because he will simply get outlaned top...believe me im not aggressive with nasus i simply freeze lane and farm but if your jungler doesnt help from time to time then you could have 3k damage on q and kill their adc in one shot but that would mean youre the only damage output in the team therefore leaving you vulnerable to being either focused even if tankie or everyone dies and leaves you alone with a 3v1...my posts about nasus isnt aimed at saying that his kit is useless or bad in any way its just hes too dependent on whether you have a good jungler, a mid lane that can hold its own and a bot lane that can kill...feel me?