Does nasus require/deserve a rework to become viable again ?

Yes he does. 63 56.76%
No he doesn't. 48 43.24%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Nasus no longer belongs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brony Raven

10-29-2012

I'm saying this first before trolls kick in. This is not my main acc don't cry about have little wins or no elo.

Constructive criticism is smiled upon and not mindless rants.

Nasus seems to have not only a weak early game as he cannot trade at all (yes I know farm your Q yada yada), but this results in the fact he cannot farm and thus not be able to do anything later on in game. You no longer see him in any ranked matchs, even normals and of course not competitive play.

Does Nasus not deserve a rework aswell? He's legitly useless with today's metagame and he could be so much more than just an old champion in the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brony Raven View Post
It's just in the current metagame anyone really with half a functional mind could kite nasus (even when you have wither up) till death. In addition he's Q take's A large amount of CS to be half decent at minimum.

The only thing I could suggest really in my point of view is if he's E was reworked (As it's nearly useless but pushing lanes right now) and/or he's Q being able to stack easier so he can create a larger pressence in matchs than just sit on top and farm Q forever.

ANY suggestions on how he could become viable again would be greatly appreciated! There's no wrong answer when it's only suggestions. My only current hope is that the thread will get enough popularity so riot would actually notice it.

Other suggestions (From other players):
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnino59 View Post
i agree with a rework to be made however the thing about nasus is that he has to be carefully considered because hes one of those champs that if tweaked just a tad over can simply snowball late game but i would like to see some type of buff to him or a rework...maybe add a Qpassive that if he hits enemy champ it only it takes half the cd and half mana...or a rework on his E as well...he was my first true main and id like to see him be more viable in ranked again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineRevenge View Post
Nasus is probably one of the scariest champions in the game at his full potential, and wither is *always* good against auto-attackers, such as Melee and Ranged AD Carries.

If he was less dependent on needing q-farm to perform well, he might be better off. Something like really tweaking the base values of his Q at all ranks to make it significantly stronger without needing a ton of farm, but keeping the Q-farm value a concept. Rather then boost its damage by 3 per Q, give it 1-1.5 Make him need double or more Q farm to reach similar late game potential, but make his early lane/midgame a lot more consistent by having the base values go up significantly. It brings down his ceiling a little and raises his floor considerably.

Outside of that, his E has a place. The armor reduction is huge in team fights but it's really easy to simply walk out of it. It should slow, or have a brief immobilize of some sort so that you can really feel it's effects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
You do realize that if he got any buffs, his scaling and sustain would get nerfed right?
^Pointing this out because I'd like to put emphasis that one of nasus's pro's is the fact he has extremely nice sustain due to he's passive but if he were to get buffed it would be obvious why he's sustain got nerfed (to keep him A balanced top laner, this is why this thread exists).

Quote:
Originally Posted by unhai View Post
nasus was my first main champion, back then he was amazing one of the best brawlers out there.

but now he is just outdated,

passive - a nice 20% lifesteal is a good passive and helps him lane
Q - doesn't get big enough fast enough, a great farm game will mean 200 farm and his E had to of been on cooldown for some of those, as a result he is getting about +100-150x3 damage this is in a great game over about 30 minutes and he needs to be off farming and not helping his team in order to accomplish all of this

W - a good ability probably dosent need to be changed

E - useless, no point in having it on him should be changed for a new ability, preferably one that can add a different source of damage to his kit because all it is now is basic attacks and Q

R - a great ult no need to be reworked
Quote:
true i mean the armor shredding + a decesntly stacked q + sheen does some nice damage this ability has to be perfectly placed or else its just useless seeing as most people run flash or have a jumping ability
(See how most people think he's kited easily? Too many highly played champions have some form of a position displacer, blink, dash, teleport, knock back and so on.. Making nasus worth nothing in that fight against that enemy.

Myouhiro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

Hmm... I really like Nasus, he's one of my favorite tops, but yes, I must agree that he needs some sort of tweak or rework in order to be more viable in today's meta. It would definitely be nice to see.

Brony Raven

10-29-2012

It's just in the current metagame anyone really with half a functional mind could kite nasus (even when you have wither up) till death. In addition he's Q take's A large amount of CS to be half decent at minimum.

The only thing I could suggest really in my point of view is if he's E was reworked (As it's nearly useless but pushing lanes right now) and/or he's Q being able to stack easier so he can create a larger pressence in matchs than just sit on top and farm Q forever.

elnino59

10-29-2012

i agree with a rework to be made however the thing about nasus is that he has to be carefully considered because hes one of those champs that if tweaked just a tad over can simply snowball late game but i would like to see some type of buff to him or a rework...maybe add a Qpassive that if he hits enemy champ it only it takes half the cd and half mana...or a rework on his E as well...he was my first true main and id like to see him be more viable in ranked again...

Brony Raven

10-29-2012

Quote:
Thank you for chipping in, and yes I do understand that if he get's buffed the slightest big to much he could snowball like mad (though quite a few champions like that already exist).

Thing is I just want him to at MINIMUM be viable again since he's stuck between the choice roam and (Attempt) to help out push lanes by ganking or farm at top and neglecting team objective's turning the match into a 4v5 (Which currently people will simply zone him to the point where he cant farm and people kite he's wither so regardless it IS a 4v5).

The Blue Jelly

10-29-2012

A rework of E I could get behind, but really, he's the "I bet that my team can survive till late game" champion. If the game reaches that point, he's basically an auto-win.

Also, why exactly can't you post on your main? Forum ban? Because that's the *only* reason you should be posting on an alt. Only not, because you were *banned*.

Brony Raven

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Jelly View Post
A rework of E I could get behind, but really, he's the "I bet that my team can survive till late game" champion. If the game reaches that point, he's basically an auto-win.

Also, why exactly can't you post on your main? Forum ban? Because that's the *only* reason you should be posting on an alt. Only not, because you were *banned*.

I wouldn't consider it a constant win and I simply post on NA since .. well NA actually has people who speak unlike EUW where as the forum's as silent as the grave, I stopped playing NA due to extremely high latency.

The Blue Jelly

10-29-2012

Quote:
Thank you for chipping in, and yes I do understand that if he get's buffed the slightest big to much he could snowball like mad (though quite a few champions like that already exist).

Thing is I just want him to at MINIMUM be viable again since he's stuck between the choice roam and (Attempt) to help out push lanes by ganking or farm at top and neglecting team objective's turning the match into a 4v5 (Which currently people will simply zone him to the point where he cant farm and people kite he's wither so regardless it IS a 4v5).
The problem is you need a team that knows how to choose battles well enough to just hold the line. They don't have to win the teamfights, they just have to not lose them. Nasus should be scary enough that it's all but never 4v5 because the enemy team has dedicated someone to stopping his farming.

As to him getting zoned, stop rushing Sheen and start rushing Glacial Shroud or Nega Cloak slash Chalice. Remember, you win your lane by farming more than you're feeding, not by taking their tower or killing them. Learn to freeze your lane a couple of steps in front of said tower.

Yes, Darius, Teemo, and Jayce all dominate Nasus, since you can't really do anything about their range ("But Darius is Melee!" Apprehend requires you to treat him like a ranged champion). But you're not always against those three. And wither still negates their RADC for the duration.

As to getting kited, stop running flash/whatever and start running tele/ghost. Start *using* Wither, as it's only the strongest slow in the game.

Another thing, if you have tele, you can occasionally help a fight before you're ready, and then tele back top for farming.

Quote:
I wouldn't consider it a constant win and I simply post on NA since .. well NA actually has people who speak unlike EUW where as the forum's as silent as the grave, I stopped playing NA due to extremely high latency.
Ah, ok, I can respect that then XD

And if you reach that point, unless you haven't been farming or your team's been feeding hard, it basically is. 27 minutes of farming Q and I'm generally set; think about 90% of my losses on Nasus have been before 30 mins.

MarineRevenge

10-29-2012

Nasus is probably one of the scariest champions in the game at his full potential, and wither is *always* good against auto-attackers, such as Melee and Ranged AD Carries.

If he was less dependent on needing q-farm to perform well, he might be better off. Something like really tweaking the base values of his Q at all ranks to make it significantly stronger without needing a ton of farm, but keeping the Q-farm value a concept. Rather then boost its damage by 3 per Q, give it 1-1.5 Make him need double or more Q farm to reach similar late game potential, but make his early lane/midgame a lot more consistent by having the base values go up significantly. It brings down his ceiling a little and raises his floor considerably.

Outside of that, his E has a place. The armor reduction is huge in team fights but it's really easy to simply walk out of it. It should slow, or have a brief immobilize of some sort so that you can really feel it's effects.

NINJA EDIT : Those Q/E changes coupled with a nerf to his Wither (right now its the only thing too strong about nasus) would put him in a good spot. He'd be easier to pick up and still have a strong role in team fights, but his wither wouldn't be an auto-win the fight during its duration against many champions.

Brony Raven

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineRevenge View Post

Thank you for chipping in your idea's.