Ranked Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Expended

10-29-2012

So I've been playing ranked for a while and it seems I can never win. I play normal draft and I win most of the time but when I play ranked I always seem to get the worst players. Like just yesterday I was playing with a support nunu who wouldn't listen to the team and costed us the match. My elo now is like 900, I have 6 wins and 17 losses. What should I do? What can I do to increase my chances of winning.

t0ad5

10-29-2012

Last 6 of 10 of my games have had leaver/afk.

I.e. only solution is to play infinite games, so this theoretically works itself out and you will find your true elo

Expended

10-29-2012

What do you mean by true elo?

adc

10-29-2012

The Elo you're "supposed" to be at - the exact Elo you play at. Also, there are two reasons you're losing. One, you're not good enough. Two, you've had bad teams. You only have 230 wins, so I doubt you have enough practice to be at a higher level of player yet. I've got 2.5k~ games played and I'm struggling around 1450 Elo.

t0ad5

10-29-2012

Welcome to elo fail

Expended

10-29-2012

So your saying I should stick to draft and not play ranked for a while until I have over 1000 games played. Or something like that.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expended View Post
So your saying I should stick to draft and not play ranked for a while until I have over 1000 games played. Or something like that.
You can play whatever you like. AD Bottom was merely pointing out that there's more to your losses than simply bad teams.

Let's say you play 10 games. Let's say in 3 of those games, there's a player on your team that makes it impossible for you to win. Well, in approximately the same number of matches (slightly more in the very long run), there will be a player like this on the enemy team.

So out of the 10 games, 3 of them are losses guaranteed due to a teammate, and 3 of them are wins guaranteed due to the same type of behavior on the enemy team.

But from here, you could be losing Elo, gaining Elo, or treading water. There's four games in the middle. In these games, you have teammates playing well enough to not lose, maybe even good enough to win, but not necessarily good enough to carry the victory by themselves, because the enemy team also is getting the same kind of performance out of their team members.

When these matches come along, it's especially vital that you perform at your absolute best. When I look through your 10 most recently played matches, I see an 0/6/2 Rengar performance. Now, it may be that this was one of those matches that you couldn't win no matter what, but it's also possible that this was one of those matches in between that you could've won had you played better. And if your skill level is better than everyone else at your Elo, there's really no excuse to have such a poor performance (Right, I said NO excuse, that means I don't want to hear about how bad your teammates were, you can do better than 0/6/2 no matter your teammates).

And if your skill level isn't better than everyone else at your Elo, then you're at the Elo you belong.

Just because some people are at a higher Elo than you doesn't mean that you're also that good. Sometimes, we just have to suck it up and say "Well, I'm a 900 Elo player, and I'm okay with that."

Expended

10-29-2012

your right pogo maybe I am at the right elo right now. Sure I haven't played that many games but I know I can get better. I just need to play more and practice and maybe one day I can get back into the 1000 elo. I need to take that attitude and make my self better. Thanks for the advice.

StonedSamurai

10-29-2012

The problem with low elo is that gameplay is incredibly difficult to predict. You could be winning top lane by 2 kills and 30 cs but bot lane might have gone a collective 0 15 by that point.

The only way to carry yourself out of low elo is to single handedly carry your team to victory. Don't afk farm in your lane for 20 minutes. You need to dominate your lane, and then gank for other lanes and spoon feed your team kills. Also, always always always take objectives after kills.

Win mid lane by a kill and 20 cs. Take their tower early. Go bottom, feed your team a double kill. Take dragon. If you can do this every game, you will climb elo. If you can't do this, you're at the elo you belong in.

YoshiwaraLaMent

10-29-2012

It's elo hell,u may meet any kinds of people
yes,u can win your lane but so what your teamate trolling harder