Sejuani needs a bit of TLC

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zareshor

11-13-2012

Agreed...but when I play her it normals it seems to work fine--perhaps it's because I'm just trolling by picking her XD

FoxMindedGuy

11-13-2012

Frost should reduce non-champion unit's attack speed, not make them hit less harder. This goes with the theme better

Mooseville

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMindedGuy View Post
Frost should reduce non-champion unit's attack speed, not make them hit less harder. This goes with the theme better
I agree...permafrost would increase this of course

Arcticfury

11-16-2012

I don't really think Riot reads these threads. Ricklessabandon did for a while, but he went from saying that they were going to take some looks at Sej after S2 ended, to now saying she should be fine after the new jungle, and that if they need to, they may look at her.

So from a sure thing, to nope, we don't need to, and even if we do we may or may not look at her.

Complete garbage. It sucks so bad that my favorite champ is nearly worthless.

Thessalonike

11-16-2012

for me jungle change is irrelevant. i always said a behind sejuani could still do her job because of the safety of her initiation.

the thing none of this changes is that simple positioning keeps her from being as disruptive as she needs to be.

Evolnemesis

11-16-2012

Sejuani definitely needs some TLC... at least some warm hugs... I mean she's practically naked in the arctic snow there. Her nipples must be freezing off and in desperate need of something warm to press against... maybe someone might need to blow some nice toasty air on them or give them a nice rub to warm them up.

Bullettime7

11-16-2012

After playing Sejuani in the PBE, she's actually doing surprisingly well compared to most people's expectations, including my own.

I definitely think a small buff to the rank 1 of Northern Winds could be used though. Otherwise, she doesn't feel bad at all. The increased XP gain helps immensely as it lets her hit 4 faster where she starts doing actual damage.

If anyone else wants to try it on the PBE, I used 0/21/9, AS marks, Armor seals, MR glyphs, Armor quints, and starting with Machete and 5 potions. Want to try 0/9/21 next with a few Armor glyphs to offset some of the loss of Hardiness to get the increased XP, biscuit, MS, and extra starting pot.

Nichod

11-19-2012

This is a quote from a post I made in another thread that actually discussed how Sejuani is OP. This statement received a lot of criticism and I wanted to share my thoughts now that I've had a lot more experience with her than before. I thought I'd share it here:

Quote:
I've been playing Sejuani quite a bit recently, and she has quickly become one of my favorite champions. It saddens me to see how her kit isn't appreciated. I started playing her when she became available during the most recent free week. And I won 8 put of 10 normal games with her. I played her both in the jungle and solo top. In my experience she excelled in both positions. Since the free week I have purchased her and I'd say I have a 60-70% win ratio with her in normals.

I do feel those that are critical of her don't play her or don't play her correctly. It is true that she has a slow starting jungle, but that slowness is brief and becomes incredibly fast once she gets through it the first time. I never find myself below half health on my first run with a decent starting leash on blue. So I don't get where her weak jungle comes from. I find I can easily gank and kill with some teamwork at level 4 or even earlier if I see a opportunity. And regarding her ultimate....it's strength is in its suddenness. It's true amumu has an incredible ultimate, but he has to dive into the thick of things to do it and sometimes you just aren't fast enough to be able to cast it effectively. In the case of Sejuani's ultimate it's a skill shot that comes out of nowhere and when combined with permafrost and some teamwork it should be a kill. Playing top was a bit more difficult until I reached level 6 and had a few items. I very much relied on my jungle providing some good ganks to keep top lane in check. She excels in the jungle.

In my most recent Sejuani game I went 14 3 25. If you aren't doing well with her in games you need to look at what you are doing. Even in games that I've lost, I always did very well, and it was just a matter of the rest of the team just playing poorly. You CAN carry with her in late game, but a single champion can only carry so much against an opposing team that is fed. Nor can Sejuani win games where her teammates don't follow her when she initiates. I think the negative attitude towards her is the most harmful thing to her success rate. In the game above I was ganking constantly in each lane, and every gank was successful, either achieving a summoner spell, kill, or pushing the enemy champion out of the lane. Even with successful ganks the bot lane still fed Vayne and mid lane lost their tower early to Akali. But the team moved around me and followed when I initiated resulting in a win. I did the second highest damage on the team and I nearly instantly killed Akali and Vayne. Just some things to think about.

I'd say I build her pretty standard. In most games my items end up being:
Frozen Heart, Abyssal Scepter, Sunfire Cape, Merc Treads, Shurelya's Reverie and then whatever else seems to be needed to counter what I'm facing.

If I were to change anything it would be to allow her Q to pass through champions, popping them up and slowing them in her wake. Maybe some base stat increases to help her cope with the newer beefier jungle.

Thanks for reading and I hope some readers will give Sejuani more of a chance, she is up with Orianna and Viktor on favorite champion list.

Nichod

11-19-2012

@Raviance what do you think about getting Abyssal over Haunting Guise? I've had a fair amount of success with Abyssal. I've wondered if getting Haunting Guise and then Banshees veil would be a better option.

Arcticfury

12-04-2012

It's been so long my friends, but Riot has just touched her. Slight base armor upgrade and Winds duration up to 6 secs. I don't know about you guys, but with some of the new items this seams like a legit bump. Not a true buff, but a little bump. There is no way this will make her OP, but may make her Jungle a little easier and initiation more scary.

Let's see what you guys think.

@Raviance, looks like they missed the removal of the stop on Q, but this is surely a good step in the right direction, not making her have a tanking steroid, but a little damage mitigation (very little) and 20% more damage to winds (duration increase, not direct damage).