Sejuani needs a bit of TLC

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thessalonike

11-07-2012

@articfury

i still say sejuani adds nothing to the team, she is a force multiplier with all her aoe goodness... the sad part is that anything multiplied by zero is still zero.

meaning if your team is bad... sejuani has zero carry chance. in solo queue you need to identify your hyper carry and multiply that.

i felt bad yesterday though because I jumped on my sons account again (ryanarmour3) and played a sejuani game. our vayne didn't load in till later so I was alone vs a cait and a naut bottom lane, by the time our vayne showed up i was 2/0 having killed the cait once and the naut once. I decided to have fun with the build once i knew the skill level of the other team though.

Arcticfury

11-12-2012

Well the new jungle give more gold, which Sejuani truly needs, however they increased damage dealt and took much of the aoe advantage away. For Sejuani this makes jungling even harder since she has poor single target damage, after the first two clears she'll be golden, but now she'll be even more susceptible to counter jungling, and early ganks is something she needs, that's gone too....

Nope, jungle changes didn't help with her rebalance, we'll see if they change her damage now, and making her more evasive will only help her stay alive, but fall further behind.

I thought they said they weren't removing any of the junglers....

Nichod

11-12-2012

I would have to completely agree with Raviance's analysis regarding any tweaks the champion needs. I am definitely not a Sejuani expert, but I'm becoming more informed about how she works during the free week she has been available. And I've won all but two of the games I've used her in. (in normal games of course) I find she is actually pretty strong. I compare her a lot to Maokai as far as her team usefulness. Maokai is one of my jungle mains and he is a strong ganker. But Maokai isn't really a big damage dealer and the same goes for Sejuani. Both Sejuani and Maokai act well as initiators and causing disruption. In fact I actually found that Sejuani can deal a fairly large amount of damage if she stays around in team fights. She can chase down champions like very few can do and it's so satisfying to get that Q in followed by a E perma to get that running ADC. But as with Maokai at the end of the day if its 2 v 1 Sejuani is not a carry and can not win that fight. She can do a lot of damage and maybe get one, but she isn't an Amumu or Jax jungler. However, I think that's what makes her such a good jungler. Her ganks feed the team and her.

I played her Solo top as well and I did fairly well against the champions I played against, and I'd say I ended up winning the lane. (Jayce and Riven were the only two champs that I ended up playing) Sejuani seems to be very much about timing and if you act with her capabilities at the right moment she excels. I traded with both champions pretty evenly.

Some additional thoughts on her jungling. I have ZERO problems jungling with her. I don't end up nearly dead while working through the jungle and I find she is pretty fast at going through the jungle. This holds especially true as the game goes on and she gets her combo leveled. I'm not sure what runes and masteries everyone else is going, but she seems to be a pretty fast jungler to me and in lane she can take out a whole creep wave with her Q, W, E combo.

I'd say give her some base stat buffs so she stays strong against the new jungle and have her Q not stop on champion impact. A simple, but very effective change. She is very fun to play and I plan on buying her and giving some ranked games a try once I get more comfortable with her build.

Nichod

11-12-2012

I'd also like to add that a friend of mine thinks that she plays a bit like Shyvana. I'm not a Shyvana player, but I have played alongside him quite a few times and I can see where he gets that. And Sejuani can burst out the damage with her Q, W, E combo.

ZircX

11-12-2012

Problem with Sejuani is the following:

Super long cooldowns require CDR.
AP Scaling is weak, but she does no damage without AP or a million health.
She is melee, and needs to be Tanky to survive.
Her auto attack is for her passive, but all AP skills do not scale with the auto. You aren't going to build Lichbane on this girl.

So you need CDR, AP, and tankyness. Mana costs aren't cheap either...No attack damage scales with AP, so you don't really get any reward for auto attacks. All in all, you really need *EVERYTHING* on Sejuani....her kit needs to be simplified a little so that focus pays off.

Pinker 10

11-12-2012

For once, a forum post i outright agree with. Her lategame is AMAZING, but she has more problems getting to that point than any other champion in the game.

Mooseville

11-13-2012

Man..... with the removal of HoG things just get a little more dismal. It was such a good early item on her.

Peligrad

11-13-2012

While Sanj does run into to some real issues early on, she also has a really really stong late game.

I've seen Sanj roll entire teams late in the game.

So while I cringe to see her on my team, I also cringe to have her on the other team past 30 minutes.

In that way she is kind of like a jungle Nasus...

Regulas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Sej's issues are well known, the biggest reason an update hasn't come out (and this is by the red thread on the champion) is because it's very hard to do a meaningful buff that doesn't result in her becoming overpowered.

Nichod

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseville View Post
Man..... with the removal of HoG things just get a little more dismal. It was such a good early item on her.
meh. While I played her I played with armor/5 pots start -> boots and philo. This worked fine. HoG is nice. But I wouldn't say it hurts her more than any other.