New jungle makes new TT shallow.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcane Azmadi

10-29-2012

Compared to the old jungle, the new TT just doesn't have any depth. There are only 6 camps in the new jungle other than Vilemaw, none of which have buffs meaning there's nothing worth fighting over other than the altars. Ganking the lanes from the jungle is also really difficult since the large mass in the middle around the speed shrine means the only exits into the lanes are far too close to the front turrets. Speaking of the speed shrine, the way it divides the jungle into a simple 2 arenas makes it little more than a minionless third lane with no real juking options beyond the scatterings of brush. Even Vilemaw is a simple walk in/walk out arena removed from the rest of the map, unlike Ebonmaw's old enclosure which was actually part of the jungle, not just something sitting off to the side on its own.

While the altars concept is pretty neat and I LOVE the new items (Fiora has a lot of fun with the Blade of the Ruined King) the jungle is the big flaw in the new TT. If it wasn't for the altars we'd really have no reason to enter it except when passing through- and since the altars are locked out for 90 seconds at a time whenever they're captured, that's a LOT of time you'll have no reason to be there.

DragnDave

10-29-2012

Except for farming the jungle minions, which can be done repeatedly in a very short amount of time, which if you do while your lanes is pushed out, it can get you a lot of extra $ and xp......

Ruf

10-29-2012

try jungling, then talk. the new layout is WAY better for jungling if you're actually playing the jungler.

no need for smite anymore, that's pretty nice.

Aiden Shaw

10-29-2012

I agree, the new map is simple and boring. I hate it so much. I really want the old TT back, it was such a fun map.

Taiyodori

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

The new jungle provides more gold than the old one in less time and more frequently. You don't even need smite. Why would you NOT take a jungler?

Granted, there are no buff-camps. But you can consider each altar a buff; you just don't have to slay a monster to get it. What's the problem?
Even better: They're an objective you constantly have to watch over, if you don't want the enemy-team to steal it. Once you control it, you can not recapture it in order to secure it for another 90 seconds.
Therefore the altars provide a lot of counterplay and teamfights. I can't recall a single time, both teams fought over the even random-buff from big wolf/wraith camp. It always was Ebonmaw only, who mattered and maybe the Lizard.

The new jungle provides more options for your jungler to gank, keep your lanes safe, invade and set up a teamfight. I simply love it.

Elodin

10-29-2012

Play map 1 week > Make a snap judgement that you can't back up.

Seems legit.

Sindy Sinful

10-29-2012

What I've seen here on the forums is that people seem to dislike the speed buff, and the "slaughter fest" type of of gameplay, which most matches quickly become; the most. Honestly, the easiest fix I can see is to make the jungle bigger. Then laning phase can, possibly, return; ganks aren't always expected to happen every minute; and fans of the old TT will have a map that is similar back.

As for the speed buff platform in the middle, I can't really think of anything that could make it better/more liked by old TT fans. So RIOT would need to arange the jungle so it feels better with the buff, or remove it completely.

Taiyodori

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindy Sinful View Post
What I've seen here on the forums is that people seem to dislike the speed buff, and the "slaughter fest" type of of gameplay, which most matches quickly become; the most. Honestly, the easiest fix I can see is to make the jungle bigger. Then laning phase can, possibly, return; ganks aren't always expected to happen every minute; and fans of the old TT will have a map that is similar back.
Don't you think it's a bit early to judge? The "slaughter fest" is a result of careless play that people tend to do on new maps, just because a meta is missing. Remember the first 2 weeks of Dominion? Everyone was running around randomly and backdooring capture-points, instead of playing as a team.
You can't expect everyone to adapt to sth. new so soon. You'll always see careless play in the beginning of sth. new and other people who'll punish it. It's all part of the development.
It's just like when you were a kid and placed your hands on a hot burner for the first time.

This is a game for teamwork. There's a jungler who can save you from ganks, just by his presence and counterganking. There's also another laner, who has to react, if someone is missing. Just calling "ss" is not enough, most of the time. It neither is in competitive play on SR btw. (e.g. if you think, the enemy top-laner is invading your jungle-buffs, you don't call "ss", but you try to get him together with your mid and jungler, if possible!)
You just won't see much of coordinated gameplay in unranked games for the next few weeks. If you play some ranked games with mates you played a lot with, you'll see the "slaughter fest" isn't as present as you might think. That is, if you can adapt and take counter-measures against it. Hint: Passive gameplay won't help to prevent it.

Arcane Azmadi

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruf View Post
try jungling, then talk. the new layout is WAY better for jungling if you're actually playing the jungler.

no need for smite anymore, that's pretty nice.
Uh, I've tried playing a dedicated jungler. Yes, it works. But my GOD is it boring. You just rotate around the 3 camps as they respawn because venturing into the opponent's half of the jungle is absolute suicide unless your team have pushed the lanes way up far enough that they can get to you easily if you encounter the enemy jungler and counterjungling isn't worth it anyway. So you just run in a constant triangle until it's gank time, occasionally fighting over an altar. I'm not calling the new jungle pointless, just shallow and boring as hell. It's like SR jungle if they removed all the buff camps and dragon, increased the payout of the normal camps and put Baron up on top of the map instead of in the river.

Infirc

10-29-2012

try clearing as fast as you can, as Warwick i try to well be alive during my clear find it slow as hell but safe; as Diana i clear the camps before the first i cleared respawns again i even clear Wraith+Wolfs before the altars unlock meaning i have a level 2 champion while everyone is there sitting randomly at level 1, then i just go gank and then back into my jungle. Honestly Diana is the only jungler where i have been able to keep up in leels with the lanes though.