Because of the Tribunal Scares-

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeval View Post
I'm sorry, I keep seeing this pop up on recent thread activity, and really....? You SHOULD be scared of getting banned with a name like that.

I've said it before, but I think this needs to be recognized...
You don't get banned for inappropriate names, you get your name changed to emailsupport.

I miss the days when they changed it to something witty. The OP would probably be something like "Uptight Stimulation"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enemy Commando

10-29-2012

I can kinda see where he's coming from, but that name doesn't exactly invite positive responses. There is after all a report card for "Inappropriate Summoner Name", so maybe you should take a good look in the mirror and ask yourself what is it that your doing wrong that you should be scared about? In saying that though, I got a warning once from a pub game because this gragas was trolling like a d*ck, and then invited the other team to report me for no apparent reason other than he didnt like me. He kept telling me what items to buy even though i was playing my role more than him. Funny thing was I hadnt even said anything to the enemy team (I have X chat disabled by default to avoid this). So when that sorta thing happens, one has to wonder how well does the Tribunal work if at all? The thing that gets me the most though is the encouragement of horizontal enforcement, considering how many trolls there are in this game, should they really be allowed to vote on other people's accounts/playing habits when they themselves are probably no better? Just because you're a level 30 summoner, doesn't give you the right to pass judgement on other people. Just a thought...

**EDIT
However I think this was the driving force behind the installment of the honor system. Using this, they can see that it may have just been a momentary lapse in composure being the reason you were reported, and if you have a good amount of honor, they will see that you generally are a good/productive player. After all, they are a business, they don't want their customers getting banned/suspended for no good reason. Just build up some honor and you should be fine. In my opinion they should change the Tribunal so that only honorable players can vote on other people, that way you wouldn't get angry trolls looking to vent late at night by dishing out unnecessary punishment. Again this would probably still be flawed as people seem to just trade honor so they can get some silly ribbon. :/ sigh... rocks and hard places...