An assesment of new TT map with Sam, I want YOUR feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lorthix

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
I do not believe Sam is unbiased.

He is right that Ebonmaw was ridiculous, but my low elo games were not decided by who took dragon first, I cannot speak for the rarefied heights of his elo. However, my games on TT2 are decided by who wins a teamfight at 5 minutes, and I have seen other plat players say the same. I do not see that as an improvement.
I disagree with this completely. We just played two matches back to back where our team was significantly behind in kills and farm and we were able to win. One fight swayed your way can significantly change the course of the game, from my experience so far.

Takhuan

10-29-2012

1. First of all there are some champions that can jump over the wall and grant vision over the wall into the base.

This video shows Kassadin jumping into the enemy base and also Jarvan giving his team vision in the base from the other side.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NxUXieYhC4

2. The objectives on the map form a triangle and all of the shortest paths between objectives can be followed as direct lines(or mostly direct lines) to their destinations. (image)

3. The alter buffs are not contestable and there is no tactical reason to defend them as objectives because as the defender you give vision of yourself defending and also the contested area is very small making it dangerous against aoe abilities. Enemies who are taking the point can retreat for short periods and continue capturing but the turn over value does not revert for defenders who hold the point. The reward for defending is nothing immediate, only the ability to keep +10% ad and ap if you control both points on the map and +4% gold on champion kill if you only control 1, but if you turn over a point you get 80 gold so it makes more sense to trade gold with the other team by alternating the objectives.

NismoDOMA

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takhuan View Post
1. First of all there are some champions that can jump over the wall and grant vision over the wall into the base.
This video shows Kassadin jumping into the enemy base and also Jarvan giving his team vision in the base from the other side.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NxUXieYhC4
Ya, somebody pointed it out in the comment section of the first video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQL4W3u2jCw) will definitely make numerous corrections in a follow up video this week

Takhuan

10-29-2012

No one knows everything about the map. Even the people who designed it probably couldn't account for every mechanic.

I am not here to bash Sam for liking the map, Sam seems like a skilled player who is just determined to be good at the game. I like the fact that he's probably the strongest voice for twisted treeline right now when everything out there is just people either whining or kissing up to the devs. There needs to be an honest opinion, and Sam can take his good old time getting as acquainted as he wants with the new map but I think we can all agree that what we all want is a better map.

The old map had issues with a ruthless jungle and unnecessary random elements, the new map gives you shiny new items but in the end it takes you by the hand and tells where to go and doesn't give you a very big sandbox to play in.