An assesment of new TT map with Sam, I want YOUR feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exqzr

Senior Member

10-28-2012

Nismo,

I don't know you, never heard of you or played with you.

I was speaking to SAM, through you.

You seem like a good guy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NismoDOMA

Junior Member

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
Nismo,

I don't know you, never heard of you or played with you.

I was speaking to SAM, through you.

You seem like a good guy.
It's all good, and hey I understand where your coming from. I appreciate your feedback, and don't worry, I will make sure sam will hear lol If the sell out was also directed to sam, that isn't true. He truly enjoys the new map. I mean every time he was getting jittery about everything, I believe thats joy of playing lol.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brodhi

Senior Member

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
O.k.

I watched both videos.

First, let me say this. Sam (and co.), I appreciate what you are trying to do.

You want the community to stay together and "get along". Well, so do I.

It would seem however that we are going about it in different ways. You, represent an elite core of 3 v 3ers. Less than 1/10th of 1%. Yes, that's right. The HIGH ELO, competitive player.

Great. Except guess what. Even your own, very small community (the sub community of the majority of us) doesn't agree with you.

I represent the "common man". The average casual player. I think I speak for most of them when I say this...

Are you (politely) f***ing serious?

I'm not buying it. You're whole second video is all about how the new map does not snowball like the old, when you proceed to go 22 and 4 in 25 minutes???

OMG. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time!

That GAME, if you can call it that was OVER at 6:02. Actually no, it was OVER before that. BUT for sure I could call it at 6:02. So could you and ANYONE who watched it.

I mean once you got the ALTARS, you just facerolled Darius and pretty much their whole team AT WILL.

IT wasn't fun to watch, I can't believe you had FUN playing that game. TO BE HONEST, the whole thing seemed completely pointless after the first blood.

That entire game was a HYPER SNOWBALL from start to finish. Makes the "Snowball" in the Classic TT seem more like a Snow FLAKE.

Again, I APPRECIATE what you are trying to do for the community, but where is your credibility?.

Please answer honestly... If RIOT hadjust made a few TWEAKS to the CLASSIC map, you know the ones you and all of us argued for months to get? Would that not have been WAY PREFERABLE to a totally different map? This... This... ADD fiasco with a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT and for me, uncomfortable play style?

My GOD, you didn't even have to pay attention during that game. You just wandered around and STOMPED STOMPED STOMPED for 25 minutes. Just painful to watch AND NOT FUN OR ENTERTAINING IN ANY WAY.

Did Riot solve some problems with this new map? Well, yeah, they did. But they created a whole other 7 headed Hydra with WAY MORE problems than the what we encountered in the CLASSIC TT.

Fine, WHATEVER, bring on the new map. Kudos to Riot for doing it and If you truly like it better, GREAT! ENJOY!

But don't destroy what thousands of loyal customers love and play everyday in the process. That's just RUDE.

BOTH maps. Let us decide. Even you, after this obvious sell out, can at least advocate for CHOICE.
Why do you think typing every fifth word in all caps makes your point seem any more intelligent? It looks really dumb and most of the points you made were dumb. You should feel bad for posting this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Romram

Member

10-28-2012

Love the map hate the altars and speed buff. Maybe changing the structure of jungle a bit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fiddlesticksssss

Senior Member

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoDOMA View Post
http://www.twitch.tv/sam/b/336872256 this was the video of the comeback against a fed teemo, this is what he was talking about as well.
Lol teemo isn't really considered as a i can solo champion. Champions that are scary when they get fed would be singed, tryndamere, darius, riven, or any of the other super champs on old TT. Those were scary when fed, and still are on this map. The only difference is that, they can still be countered by the same strats on twisted treeline. Teamwork. None of those champions above are scary in a triple queue game. Its really just solo queue where the viability of champs have stayed unchanged between maps. Even sam still uses some of the super champs i.e shyvana, jayce, and i heard someone complaining about him playing lee sin in a riot vesh stream. Oh lee sin goes in that list, if you are play a triple queue unranked game. A fed teemo still relies heavily on a team, but he can camp jungle and pick off single targets that are not stacking MR against him.

Edit: i saw Sam post a pros and cons of the new map. The only problem is that, its not really about the pros or the cons of the new map. Its the old map. Everyone just wants the old map as a normal game only if its the least riot can do. Changes on SI is needed, because in beta form its pretty silly with how many flaws there are. However i understand riots point on "splitting up the community", but the only community that actually matters is ranked. So Twisted Treeline stays as normal only, doesn't effect SI's ranked community at all. And if it does turn out that shivering isles community is suffering more because Twisted Treeline is a normal only that can only say 1 thing. That shivering isles is a piece of poopy "sorry for name calling" and that Twisted Treeline should be normal and ranked and Shivering Isles stays as a normal only. Right now isn't the best time, since more people are looking at the new map.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NismoDOMA

Junior Member

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodhi View Post
Why do you think typing every fifth word in all caps makes your point seem any more intelligent? It looks really dumb and most of the points you made were dumb. You should feel bad for posting this.
Hey man play nice lol :P
Quote:
PS: Although I did say feel free to post, please keep your post concise and well thought out! Doesn't have to be long, but simple QQ will get us nowhere! Remember, Arguing and simple name calling are two different things, so I do welcome debates among members please keep it civil.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NismoDOMA

Junior Member

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticksssss View Post
Lol teemo isn't really considered as a i can solo champion. Champions that are scary when they get fed would be singed, tryndamere, darius, riven, or any of the other super champs on old TT. Those were scary when fed, and still are on this map. The only difference is that, they can still be countered by the same strats on twisted treeline. Teamwork. None of those champions above are scary in a triple queue game. Its really just solo queue where the viability of champs have stayed unchanged between maps. Even sam still uses some of the super champs i.e shyvana, jayce, and i heard someone complaining about him playing lee sin in a riot vesh stream. Oh lee sin goes in that list, if you are play a triple queue unranked game. A fed teemo still relies heavily on a team, but he can camp jungle and pick off single targets that are not stacking MR against him.
/facepalm I didnt even realize the one weakness in my argument, teemo lol. I dont remember how well singed did either. So do you believe altars are the main culprit to taking away the teamwork aspect of the new TT? That is the conclusion I'm drawing from this and your previous posts.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SleepyDeath

Senior Member

10-28-2012

the new tt is a totally seperate map. they totally destroyed the old tt. that being said, the new 3v3 map is fun, but totally destroys the whole experience of tt


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NismoDOMA

Junior Member

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyDeath View Post
the new tt is a totally seperate map. they totally destroyed the old tt. that being said, the new 3v3 map is fun, but totally destroys the whole experience of tt
What has the new tt removed for you? Do you think this map is at least salvageable to bring the familiarity of the old tt?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fiddlesticksssss

Senior Member

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoDOMA View Post
/facepalm I didnt even realize the one weakness in my argument, teemo lol. I dont remember how well singed did either. So do you believe altars are the main culprit to taking away the teamwork aspect of the new TT? That is the conclusion I'm drawing from this and your previous posts.
No if anything altars require more teamwork. Which is a bad problem. In solo queues " a majority of twisted treeline players" lets be honest, there isn't really that many 3v3 serious ranked teams like Sam's. In solo queues though, teamwork isn't always a option, and for how important maintaining 1 altar is, makes it to much. Keeping the 4 gold per minion kill on you will allow the enemy not to snowball. If you have a teammate who is not very map aware, then you will result in probably 2 deaths, and a altar, and this also encourage people to rage and quit games more often. I even found myself one time ready to throw my mouse at the wall because someone was just farming lane instead of helping protect our altar. The altars put to much on normals, and that is why a lot of people don't like it. There have been suggestions, and its obvious because of easter egg reason riot won't remove them. 1 suggestion that i did like though, was just put the attack speed and cd reduction on the altars, and reduce the amount of gold per minion kill, vice versa you put the 10% ( or up it to 15%, because of how hard he is) on vilemaw, making him a less useless boss for most teams. This would encourage more boss control fights as well. It is still in beta though, and right now even that change won't help, because of the lack of top jungle. Its way to easy to see when someone is going in, and also since vilemaw would be giving a powerful buff, it would make jax or any other vilemaw solo's much more of a priority on a team to "stealth" kill him. I think after season 2 ends, riot should take shivering isles back to the drawing board to add a top jungle. This map is a little incomplete without it. I understand it would interfere with season 3, however there has been a lot of good feedback. If riot did at the least read some of it, they could already have an idea of how to put it into the map and have it released again within a reasonable time span "month or less" then release it back into beta, or as a custom map on live servers for testing. It was really silly to release it on live servers with how many problems it has. Right now as a avid Twisted Treeline player, this map really doesn't suffice as a replacement, and community forums will stay in a uproar longer, and eventually lead to more drastic measures for some people as in quitting, selling their accounts "which all my friends did -_-, and stopping of buying of RP". This map in total is bad for business with current flaws, and even a money hungry company would be able to see that "not calling riot a money hungry company".