Ping Issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Czim

10-28-2012

My ping when playing sometimes becomes absolutely ridiculous. It never stays stable. EVER. I generally tend to have somewhere between 190-210 ping(This is normal for me, I live in Australia and I'm playing on NA) but what's ridiculous are the spontaneous jumps that happen. Sometimes it's every 5 seconds, other times not so often and it might be every minute or so. It tends to shoot up to anywhere between 300-800 however at times I've seen it reach 1k+ and even 3700 at one point.

I don't know if it's an issue with my laptop or my internet. I'm more inclined to say it's a laptop problem but I'm not very intelligent in the area of technology and things like ping/fps. I'm hoping to get a new, much better laptop soon, maybe that'll fix my problems, I don't know.
I appreciate any help that anybody can offer me for the time being about getting a way to keep my ping stable and prevent it from spiking.

Eggroll Slap

10-28-2012

You're not the only one. I've been getting insane high ping spikes the past few days after the Shadow Isles patch. I live in Los Angeles with 20-25ms ping usually and I saw it go to 800ms.

cowpotato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

Likes for Australia

dafuqyoutalkbout

10-28-2012

getting the same thing going to reinstall hope this works