Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ping Issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Czim

10-28-2012

My ping when playing sometimes becomes absolutely ridiculous. It never stays stable. EVER. I generally tend to have somewhere between 190-210 ping(This is normal for me, I live in Australia and I'm playing on NA) but what's ridiculous are the spontaneous jumps that happen. Sometimes it's every 5 seconds, other times not so often and it might be every minute or so. It tends to shoot up to anywhere between 300-800 however at times I've seen it reach 1k+ and even 3700 at one point.

I don't know if it's an issue with my laptop or my internet. I'm more inclined to say it's a laptop problem but I'm not very intelligent in the area of technology and things like ping/fps. I'm hoping to get a new, much better laptop soon, maybe that'll fix my problems, I don't know.
I appreciate any help that anybody can offer me for the time being about getting a way to keep my ping stable and prevent it from spiking.

Eggroll Slap

10-28-2012

You're not the only one. I've been getting insane high ping spikes the past few days after the Shadow Isles patch. I live in Los Angeles with 20-25ms ping usually and I saw it go to 800ms.

cowpotato

10-28-2012

Likes for Australia

dafuqyoutalkbout

10-28-2012

getting the same thing going to reinstall hope this works