Riven Build Suggestions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Murdnunoc

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
I definitely think BC into BOTRK has potential, but I'm not convinced enough yet to build it. I don't think the active is really worth the extra 1k and it doesn't synergize well with hexdrinker -> maw.

Even still, I've only played about 30-40 games on the new TT with Riven and haven't thoroughly tested this item with the rest of my build. I'll try to build it in all my ranked games this week and let you guys know how I feel about it on her xD
Thanks Vesh. I am definitely curious about if this item is worth the upgrade or even getting at all. Also, do you ever use Ichor of Rage? I don't see too many people buying the pots in high elo games.

Vesh

Game Designer

10-29-2012
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdnunoc View Post
Thanks Vesh. I am definitely curious about if this item is worth the upgrade or even getting at all. Also, do you ever use Ichor of Rage? I don't see too many people buying the pots in high elo games.
Hao and I both really like it. Even Sam has tried buying it really early. It's pretty strong but people are nervous about dropping 500g for it. I think it's a great buy if your team can capitalize on the pushing ability, but it's hard to find a "right time" to build it.

Vesh

Game Designer

10-29-2012
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Alright, as an update I played a bunch more games tonight.

As a jungle, I can build Grez + treads and have enough defenses to rush cutlass, but I don't like turning it into blade of the ruined king until after I finish other core items.

Also, when I go this route I usually get a red ichor after I finish cutlass. Holy heck is the red ichor strong. If you use Riven's ult as well you can take down a tower in like 8 hits.

Lolki

10-29-2012

I think the Ichor's are currently underrated as mid game buys. They can really have substantial impact over just things to buy at end game when you complete your build. Especially the Red Ichor when you are planning on taking a tower down, like Vesh said.

Murdnunoc

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
Alright, as an update I played a bunch more games tonight.

As a jungle, I can build Grez + treads and have enough defenses to rush cutlass, but I don't like turning it into blade of the ruined king until after I finish other core items.

Also, when I go this route I usually get a red ichor after I finish cutlass. Holy heck is the red ichor strong. If you use Riven's ult as well you can take down a tower in like 8 hits.

What did you think of Blade of the Ruined King...how does it compare to just building Pillager/Sanguine Blade?