Bot AI - and the stuck spinning dance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mirinesse

10-28-2012

Ive been playing LOL for over a year now and love to go 1 v 1 in 5 v 5 summoners rift. 4 bots and 1 human v 4 bots and 1 human.

Good way to test out match ups between champs...but the bot AI ALWAYS ALWAYS gets stuck down at the base at the side pole in the mid lane - or up in the forest ....they sit there and spin and spin and spin - sometimes you can bump them and they will got bottom for 10 seconds and then run back and up to top.

It is really annoying - Can this be prevented? I thought it was just a bug a year ago but it seems to be worse these days...I just left a match trying to test out Elise because 3 of the 4 bots would not play...they just spun around stuck and useless.

Do an 5 v 5 with bots sometime and watch their behavior....makes playing in one of my favorite ways very frustrating

Gwalir

11-01-2012

I second this, I've seen it happen in two separate games that I've been playing in. Very annoying.

DoozleDorf

11-01-2012

Yeah, it is really making it unplayable. Also, it is affecting Battle Training, so new players to the game get this as their first experience

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2738484

Gnoam

11-01-2012

Yeah it's annoying, especially since you can't seem to get them unstuck easily anymore, used to be you'd just walk up to them, sit there for 2 seconds and they'd wonder away from you, now they just keep dancing around in that same spot.

They could make them B out if they haven't moved X number of feet in Y seconds without taking damage or something.

DocShloppy

11-01-2012

It's been bothering me as well. I had sent an email and got back this: - Launch game
- Start a game in Summoner’s Rift
- Go to the store and purchase Randuin’s Omen for 3075
- Click on the Item in your bag
- Observe the active ability is not triggered

Don't see how buying an item in game changes bots attitudes. I'm just getting pissed at this point. I've played at least 5 games with Elise and have had 3 of them be a 2 on 5 battle.

DocShloppy

11-01-2012

I just stopped playing at this point. Though i do pop on now and then to see if it's fixed.

DoozleDorf

11-02-2012

Got a Red reply (of sorts)... at least we know they are aware of it now:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2738484