Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Bot AI - and the stuck spinning dance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mirinesse

10-28-2012

Ive been playing LOL for over a year now and love to go 1 v 1 in 5 v 5 summoners rift. 4 bots and 1 human v 4 bots and 1 human.

Good way to test out match ups between champs...but the bot AI ALWAYS ALWAYS gets stuck down at the base at the side pole in the mid lane - or up in the forest ....they sit there and spin and spin and spin - sometimes you can bump them and they will got bottom for 10 seconds and then run back and up to top.

It is really annoying - Can this be prevented? I thought it was just a bug a year ago but it seems to be worse these days...I just left a match trying to test out Elise because 3 of the 4 bots would not play...they just spun around stuck and useless.

Do an 5 v 5 with bots sometime and watch their behavior....makes playing in one of my favorite ways very frustrating

Gwalir

11-01-2012

I second this, I've seen it happen in two separate games that I've been playing in. Very annoying.

DoozleDorf

11-01-2012

Yeah, it is really making it unplayable. Also, it is affecting Battle Training, so new players to the game get this as their first experience

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2738484

Gnoam

11-01-2012

Yeah it's annoying, especially since you can't seem to get them unstuck easily anymore, used to be you'd just walk up to them, sit there for 2 seconds and they'd wonder away from you, now they just keep dancing around in that same spot.

They could make them B out if they haven't moved X number of feet in Y seconds without taking damage or something.

DocShloppy

11-01-2012

It's been bothering me as well. I had sent an email and got back this: - Launch game
- Start a game in Summoner’s Rift
- Go to the store and purchase Randuin’s Omen for 3075
- Click on the Item in your bag
- Observe the active ability is not triggered

Don't see how buying an item in game changes bots attitudes. I'm just getting pissed at this point. I've played at least 5 games with Elise and have had 3 of them be a 2 on 5 battle.

DocShloppy

11-01-2012

I just stopped playing at this point. Though i do pop on now and then to see if it's fixed.

DoozleDorf

11-02-2012

Got a Red reply (of sorts)... at least we know they are aware of it now:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2738484