Tribunal tendencies.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Higgly

10-28-2012

So I've been doing work in the tribunal and I've noticed some trends.
Of all the cases I've reviewed, I've only gotten my pardons wrong.
It seems people are VERY stingy with their pardons when it comes to tribunal.
I've never seen an overwhelming majority pardon. And when I pardon someone, that person still gets a warning. So far I've got all of my punish right. Yes, I have a 100% record on punish but around 70% record on pardons. When I look at some of these cases, it is unreal what people get reported for. This one guy got a warning for taunting the enemy team after winning what was a lost game. He didn't use swear words or anything, he just seemed genuinely happy that he won and was pointing out the other team's failings. And he got a warning. Of course I pardoned him, but the majority thought that he was guilty.
So here is a question, do you punish or pardon more often or rather do you pardon people on tribunal at all?

Reskk

10-28-2012

The problem is people only read the purple. They don't give any damn about if they were provoked.

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgly View Post
It seems people are VERY stingy with their pardons when it comes to tribunal.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/5836702/

Project100

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reskk View Post
The problem is people only read the purple. They don't give any damn about if they were provoked.
It dosnt matter if u get provoked, u dont need to respond, u can just report him, and hi will get banned, if u respond, u both get banned

Cryswar

10-28-2012

I punish most of the time 'cuz there are a lot of obvious Code violations, but I always look to pardon, and do so maybe about... 10% of the time? Lately it's been closer to 5% but I've had stretches where it was more like 20%.

There are a LOT of folks in Trib. It's perfectly possible to run into 100 straight cases that need to be punished, or another stretch where 30% are pardonable. It DOES take a lot of overall reports to get into the Tribunal, though, so it's not at all surprising that a massive majority of cases are punishable and in turn get punished.

KnightxSScarlett

10-28-2012

More like people are so quick to punish.

TaironLocke

10-28-2012

The thing is that the community doesn't get it wrong a whole heck of a lot. You shouldnt be doing much pardoning in tribunal. They deserve to be in there. That is why they are there. Most I look at have 5 separate reports. Always at least three and often from both teams. The strong majority deserve to be punished.

Moreover, if we punished everyone who broke summoner code their would be less than 1% pardon's. Its really easy to break.