Support Nasus (not trolling)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

madvilain

05-13-2012

So i love nasus, i think he's a pretty chill dude. But he gets shut down pretty easily top lane. Today i was thinking, what if i played support nasus.

Hear me out here before you laugh.

His q wouldn't do any damage because you wouldn't have any cs... but support nasus won't focus on q. His slow could be the ultimate support tool. At rank 5 it's 95% attack speed and movement speed slow, even at rank 1 it's quite a bit . Now, in top lane it isn't that useful at times, if you have someone who doesn't auto attack much. But someone it is always useful against, is the enemy ad carry. If you built cdr and spammed the enemy carry with wither, he would be basically useless.

Now, well obviously nasus couldn't help his ad carry sustain, he could almost completely disable the enemy ad carry, while still doing half decent damage with his aoe spell and even his ult. Being able to spam nasus' slow on the enemy carry could allow your carry to win every engagement in lane. It would essentially be an ap nasus and ad carry vs the enemy carry. Also, his aoe spell would weaken the enemy carry and support armour, allowing your carry to do even more damage to them. If you got rylai's, his aoe would also slow both of them* (need to check this)

TL:DR Support Nasus uses slow to disable the enemy carry in lane and allow his carry to win lane easily could be a possibility.

Thoughts and Suggestions are appreciated, and if anyone wants to help me test this it would be much appreciated!

gold boi

05-13-2012

Why not play Leona and stun the enemy carry 3 times instead?

madvilain

05-13-2012

cause she's ugly

El Wreckinibrey

05-13-2012

yeah cuz 0cs nasus is smart

CommandShockwave

05-13-2012

If you're trying to justify him being a good support because he was 1 good CC move, you're wrong. Why pick him when you could pick someone else with an entire kit of CC? (Blitz, ali, leona...)

Haestro

05-13-2012

Only thing Nasus has is wither.

You got nothing son.

Gooner1990

05-13-2012

Why not play Nunu instead? He has a slow skill similar to wither, but he also has steroid for his AD carry.

Not to mention a far more useful Q (for lane sustain,) and Ulti.

Pious Atheist

05-13-2012

Alistar does it better plus has a spammable heal

TheAncalagon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2012

Nasus is underrated toplane. Keep him there.

Durtan

05-13-2012

You forgot to mention the armor shred on his e. Nasus would be better with a kill lane bottom (blitz/nasus, nasus/alistar etc.) where you can take advantage of their cc and your cc, and shred armor while beating them down with a farmed q. ;D