What are the most passive champions for each role

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frafabowa

10-28-2012

Apparently I suck at everything so what champions will excuse my suckiness the most

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-28-2012

Uhh...

I think you're going about this the wrong way. 'Passive champions' as in 'champions who just win by virtue of being there' don't exist. The 'passive champions' in LoL are ones who don't want to get into trades until later, as they have really good scaling but weaker early games. These champions are still doing a ton of work early to keep themselves 'passive.' (Passive != no effort.)

Frafabowa

10-28-2012

What champions have the least impact on the game either positive or negative, I mean

Oddible

10-28-2012

Look for the champions that have the "Recommend" trait for ones that are easier to play, requiring less advanced techniques. I'm a total newb and when I start a match I always tell my team that I'm a newb and tell them to tell me what they want from me and that I won't necessarily understand the jargon.

The best advice given to me and one that I would pass along to you is: DON'T DIE. Don't kill minions unless your own minions are tanking for you. Don't get in front of your minions. Don't go too far down the lane without some backup (minions, towers or other champions). Stay away from the bushes. Play strong, play aggressive, but do NOT play risky. Don't trade a kill for your death.

Here's why. When you die, not only are you out of the game for a while (so you can't gain levels, you can't farm gold, you can't help your team push a tower), but the opponent's team IS leveling while you are dead, they ARE getting gold while you are dead. And here's the worst of it. If you die, they get a massive amount of gold for your death. So basically by just merely not dying, you are assisting in keeping the teams even and helping to make sure that the other team doesn't get a huge level / gear lead.

Quote:
Passive != no effort.
So true, passive does NOT equal no effort, you might think that support classes which aren't on the front lines are easier, but they're often more difficult.

-- Oddible

Kaalika

10-28-2012

A good and short thread describing champions for newbies to help learn the game as of current meta:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2637805

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frafabowa View Post
What champions have the least impact on the game either positive or negative, I mean
Different champions have more/less impact at different points, but no champion is irrelevant. (If that were the case, there would be no reason to pick that champion rather than someone who can have more of an impact on the game.)

Gotanychimsphere

10-28-2012

I think Ryze is pretty easy to play.

Justificarium

10-31-2012

Frafabowa, The easiest way to not make an impact good or bad is to not join the game, HOWEVER that's not really the best way, i would strongly recommend finding a role you love the most, Figure out what champs best suit your needs (do you want to play tanky, do you want to be able to sit there and get assists for days, do you want to jump into everything and take out whoever you can) and then learn them the best way you can (if you learn by watching others play, watch streams. If you learn by doing things, play customs or bots til you feel comfortable enough) There are many ways to learn and many players who would happily help you learn your roles easily. Never be afraid to ask for help my friend

zraven7

10-31-2012

Figure out something you would like to do, or someone you would like to play. Then, find out (by googling or asking here in the forum) the name of a high level player who plays that role or champion a lot. Then, watch 3 or 4 games of his on youtube. Note his playstyle, what items he picks, etc. Try to get videos with commentary. Then, try to implement this. It sounds silly, but it really, really helps.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraven7 View Post
Figure out something you would like to do, or someone you would like to play. Then, find out (by googling or asking here in the forum) the name of a high level player who plays that role or champion a lot. Then, watch 3 or 4 games of his on youtube. Note his playstyle, what items he picks, etc. Try to get videos with commentary. Then, try to implement this. It sounds silly, but it really, really helps.
While this is great to do, something you must keep in mind is that this is high level play. As such, not everything they do will work for you, nor will you always be able to understand the reasoning behind some decisions. In the case of the latter, they might rush a Will of the Ancients in a double AP comp to emphasize their early-mid game dominance as they start grouping up for objectives, while they might never think about it in a 'standard' team composition.

In short, watch what they do, but try to figure out why they do it. Only when you start piecing together an understanding will you be able to start replicating it.