Best champion to carry with at 1000-1150 ELO?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DaystarFire

10-29-2012

Just played karthus, won pretty easily. And, as you said, my two biggest problems are successfully roaming probably csing (judging from a chart of the maximum cs at X time, I usually beat everyone else in cs). Do you know any good ways to practice farming? Aside from just playing more games. And, I'll have to try those in-lane ganks you mentioned.

xMugix

10-30-2012

For myself
Solo queue = Katarina

Mainly because I played her until I hit 30 and in ranked. Shes an extremely strong pick if you know how to play her. She is quite easy to pick up but very difficult to play to a one man carry extent. When I play Katarina I more or less know all my lane match ups and even manage to beat some people like Kass and Diana in lane most of the time. The beauty of playing AP mid for myself is I find myself with the most options in the game.

Farm till 4-6
Push lane
Go take wraiths post 6 or roam depending on what side your on. At lower elo nobody wards their own jungle and have really bad map awareness. So take advantage of that to carry yourself up. If your purple side roam bot through the enemy jungle (by wraith camp) and gank bot from behind. Due to bot lanes usually being squishy and pre 6 when you do this gank it will usually result in a double kill. If your lane has hard cc.
If your blue side it's a bit rougher but you'll be trying to do the same thing top through the tribrush. Most tops have cc so usually the gank should be successful. I run MS quints to pull of ganks and chases faster. So if played properly you will usually have a couple of kills and high farm early on whilst giving your team a lead with assists and a free farm lane from the gank.
If your ever behind in lane as Katarina just get a jungle gank and kill your mid. As long as your ahead in lane you can bully the other mid back after 6 and push lane. Then your free to do what you want. Also when I play Katarina I usually tell my jungler to feel free to counter jungle however he wishes. Since I know I am mobile enough to get to him before the other mid lane giving us the edge if we run into their jungler.

Something Katarina has that other mids dont have as much is her free flash. Whenever I back I pick up 3 wards or more (ALWAYS PICK UP WARDS AT LOW ELO) with those Ill use one if not two to ward depending on what and where my team wants it with it's plans and keep the last one or two to ward jump. Put your ward slot on smartcast with your E on smartcast then hover over anywhere within range you wanna jump to and quickly tap your ward hotkey and E and you get a free flash ^^. It allows you to get out of most situations.

Last thing I figured I'd add is. I've won plenty of games with afks and bad bot lanes. Also some with 13 kills down with an afk (quite recently actually) What you need to do is ask yourself. What do I need to do to win this? What items do I need? DFG to snipe the enemy carry? Hourglass to live? GA? Snowball top? Or maybe bot? Things like that will enable you to win games instead of *****ing at your team. And Katarina has the ability to turn fights from a 5v4 to a 3v4 by taking out two people instantly xD

So personally my champ for solo queue is Katarina. Others may have their own champ but if you wanna know more about Katarina let me know ^^

meimaguy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaystarFire View Post
Do you know any good ways to practice farming?
Keep in mind, I'm not roflpro at csing myself. But what was a huge help was a custom game with full ad runes and a dorans and just focusing on getting every last hit. Then I'd remove the dorans and try to match my cs. (My hallmark was ~100 at 14 minutes). Then I'd remove the ad runes and try to match that. In game, its a hell of a lot harder, so you just have to have your csing down well and not get pissed when you miss 3 or so in a row and just focus on farming. Then yes, you need to be able to play real games to get a sense of how to poke while farming or when to push and whatnot. I'm still a 1.2k elo scrub but I've carried myself out of 900 twice by working on csing and roaming hard.

meimaguy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Also, map awareness. Every cs, glance down at the minimap to track everyone. Their jungler is always looking to gank you/any over extended lanes. Remind your team not to overextend/ward and that should cut down on his effectiveness a bit. Ping even if its redundant. Sometimes your team will miss things.

ArtDZ

10-30-2012

i would recommend a roaming mid or jungler.

chapa518

11-04-2012

Honestly any champion can be played well the most important thing for this rank of elo is to master all the roles. you would be surprised how much of the games gameplay comes from the picking stage of the match. People say that they get put with the worst teams and that its their teams fault but if you cant play all the positions then it would also be your fault. for these elo players my best advice would be to play draft pick and normal games to make sure you can play every lane well you will be surprised how much of a difference this makes in your farm and playing.

LarcyBrown

11-04-2012

if your going top lane consider getting teleport, it helps TONs for countering aggresion going on bot lane.

xBlighte

11-04-2012

Basically, you need to do EVERYTHING for your team.

Darius, Katarina and Rengar are real pubstompers at low elo. People are too bad to react to a katarina fast enough. Once she gets two kills from her combo in a teamfight...the rest is history.

IceMaker

11-04-2012

Karthus
Corki

Elodin

11-04-2012

Wait, Riven falls off late game?

She's unable to dive straight into a team fight, but if you play/build her right she's essentially pseudo-carry level damage in a bruiser shell. (By build her right, I mean BT and GA, probably a LW along with moar attack damage.)

She's scales really well (you do either need a lot of farm or kills to scale though) she just can't initiate into a team fight.