Why do people think Elise is a bruiser?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KBLOB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malgana View Post
She has 1 attack speed steroid, and an ult that grants magic damage on hit. If anything I could see people building her on-hit, but why waste her entire human form skill side and build straight bruiser?
By doing that if you switch to human at any point you're basically gimping yourself for 4 seconds.

I'm not saying bruiser/AD isn't viable on her, it can obviously work, but it just seems like a lot of wasted potential to me.

Also inb4 "I'm master cheef lololol" bs, can we ban this guy already?
It's not a matter of wasting her human form, it's a matter of having "bonus skills".

You go AD bruiser and her spells have decent damage flat without spamming AP. So let's same you build AD bruiser, and let's look at her kit reflecting that.

You're an AD melee with a crazy AS steroid. You've got a decent escape/gap close/thing through rappel that is a mini pool. You can use it to disengage turret aggro, dodge area ult, dodge Karthus ult, etc. Your Q is also a little damage burster/chase tool.

Now at any time, you can freely swap to a ranged attack by going human. Pop a bomb bug to burst groups or harass. You have a skillshot stun that is GREAT in game even if it sounds lame on paper. You've got a Q with a decent range that does pretty good damage. Since her switching forms has no cost you can go back and forth easily.

It's a matter of being a tanky melee DPS with a crazy bunch of skills so essentially... spider Jayce.

tenrel

10-28-2012

her scaling is fine. all the people complaining about her Q always seem to forget that her other Q exists for the sole purpose of making up for her human Q's weakness.

i get the feeling that the people complaining about her numbers just want her to be a 100% viable ap carry, and then ALSO have the spider skills....

Kyle700

10-28-2012

I like going bruiser with AP. still deciding if malady is good. I think it is.
Getting malady into merc treads then rylai's then abysmal scepter. It seems to work pretty well. From there, just have to play it by ear. I like frozen heart so far, maybe a zhonya's.

Fresh Cookies

10-28-2012

this was basically my argument against AD Nidalee for the longest time for pretty much the same reasons, the only difference being that Nid's finisher in cougar form actually scales with AD which gives some credit to building her that way. That said, Nid's W and E both scale with AP and do considerable damage in cougar form and her Q in human form is one of the strongest nukes in the game. I've only seen one bruiser Elise, and she did terribly. She's an AP Mage/Assassin. Play her like one and you'll do so much better.

Xerrol Nanoha

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malgana View Post
She has 1 attack speed steroid, and an ult that grants magic damage on hit. If anything I could see people building her on-hit, but why waste her entire human form skill side and build straight bruiser?
By doing that if you switch to human at any point you're basically gimping yourself for 4 seconds.

I'm not saying bruiser/AD isn't viable on her, it can obviously work, but it just seems like a lot of wasted potential to me.

Also inb4 "I'm master cheef lololol" bs, can we ban this guy already?
"you're all doing it wrong!" I couldn't resist.

MY ITEMS:
~Boots of some kind
~Fiendish Codex -> Athene's Unholy Grail
~Glacial Shroud (-> frozen heart if more armor needed)
~Giant's belt / Blasting wand -> Rylai's Scepter
~Sheen (-> Lichbane if more magic resistance needed)
~Whatever I feel like the moment needs / early Doran's Ring

The general idea is build stuff with CDR that has other goodies included,
Athene's is great because it provides everything that Elise wants and combos well with Frozen Heart.
Lichbane is great for more AP and Magic resistance if Needed.

In the end, you get 35% CDR (+4% from offensive masteries/ +6% from utility masteries)
unlimited mana... like spam all day long unlimited mana (20+ per 5 regen / +850 mana)
250+ AP and lichbane's damage bonus
500 health, 99 armor, and 70 magic resistance
The early Doran's ring adds 80HP, 15 AP, and 1 mana regen per second.

Sure stacking 500 AP might sound cool, and building tons of health might sound cool, but you'll be less useful to your team.
Overall with Elise, casting MORE spells is better than casting STRONGER spells, since her scaling tends to be low and her base values high.

ONE MORE THING, the fact that AD without any natural AD scaling is AS GOOD AS AP even though all her abilities scale from AP, testifies that you shouldn't build either!

FistOf7Dragons

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherubrad View Post
As AP/AS she's going to get stomped in top or mid lane or be too squishy to jungle and gank effectively.

Top: If she even thinks about going spider form, she's dead. Without an escape, pretty much any of the common top picks will melt her face.

Mid: Her W and Q are so unreliable that so long as her opponent isn't pants on head r-tarded. They'll win the lane and win any trades.

Jungle: Her clear speeds are so low that Sej and Karma can even counter jungle her effectively... and they actually bring something to the team.

It's a lose-lose-lose for her. She needs some Riot loving (just like Syndra did).
she can harrass them from afar and if they come at her stun switch devour

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

she gets +1% damage on her Q for every 50 Ap..... you'd neeed to have 400 Ap for it to be relevant and then wouldn't be able to use spider form because you'd burst down before or as soon as you got close..

IS13c7fafe7804f7429d10e

10-28-2012

Tristana only has one ASP steroid and large AP ratios as well as a refreshing CD on kill.

Why do so many people think she's a carry? Seems like wasted potential to me.

Yazkin

10-28-2012

i just use AD/AP hybrid...it works well when she jungles.

wriggles>boots (MR/armor/magic pen. all depends on your teammate's skill and enemy) rageblade>derpcap>sell wriggles work on LB> frozen heart> zhonyas

IIZekoII

10-28-2012

well bruiser is really the build that works the best currently on her. and its hard to manage to make it work effectively still but better than the other builds.