Hecarim top lane strong?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sergeantpickle

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XElement View Post
But his mana costs are what concern me.

If you could tell me what you buy then maybe I'll change my mind.
But his W is pretty mana hungry. His Q is pretty weak, and if a fight randomly starts you are looking at like 7 seconds of CD time on Q (since it takes like 4 seconds the first time then 3 seconds then 2 seconds)

210 base mana plus 40 per lvl.
W cost 50 mana at rank 1.
So IMO, it sounds great but. You really mighth only get 4 out befor eyou are out of mana (plus that is wihtout adding the Q in)
And E seems like it would only be good for escaping at that point.
His mana costs are super cheap and Q is strong because you can spam it and it doesn't reset your auto-attack.

He has low cooldowns and if you spam his Q you will run out of mana fast. Just stop it. -_-

XElement

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeantpickle View Post
His mana costs are super cheap and Q is strong because you can spam it and it doesn't reset your auto-attack.

He has low cooldowns and if you spam his Q you will run out of mana fast. Just stop it. -_-
Q is super cheap.
Everythign else is not.
And OP was saying how great his sustain was. Base mana is pretty dang low. 210 mana plus W is 50 mana. His E is 60 mana
Only Q is super sheap while everything else is costy.

BallzzMcgee

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XElement View Post
Q is super cheap.
Everythign else is not.
And OP was saying how great his sustain was. Base mana is pretty dang low. 210 mana plus W is 50 mana. His E is 60 mana
Only Q is super sheap while everything else is costy.
Q is super cheap and should only be used to harass and cs. His w I generally only use when my opponent decides to fight me. I don't see Hecarim as a bursty champ that can kill targets he's just impossible to stop farming and he's a bully that denies xp and cs. The e I only use to escape a gank or assist in one. Too dangerous to use any other time.

I always start with boots 3 pots. Generally work towards full boots depending on the match up unless my first back I can afford my phage. After phage, if I'm still winning ill go tri force first into a froze heart but if I'm doing mediocre ill generally go for the first component for your frozen heart. The Armor, mana and cool down reduction is exactly what he needs. Generally go really tanky. FON, GA and the likes

BallzzMcgee

10-28-2012

Basically the only thing I dislike about his kit is that his ultimate is on such a long cool down, or it feels like it at least. Even if you lose lane he does extremely well in team fights to engage or disrupt. He gets more farm in top than in jungle and he's impossible to push out of lane without he other teams jungle dedicating himself to gawking top, and the best part is, is its so hard to catch him out of position with his E.

Augustine

10-28-2012

^Seriously wtf?

Anyways Hec has no ranged poke so he gets out harassed a lot.
Thankfully his sustain is good enough to let him stay in lane all day, and once he gets his TF he can easily win most trades with a phage proc.

BallzzMcgee

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhash View Post
^Seriously wtf?

Anyways Hec has no ranged poke so he gets out harassed a lot.
Thankfully his sustain is good enough to let him stay in lane all day, and once he gets his TF he can easily win most trades with a phage proc.
Haha thanks for agreeing! But yes you are right. I find against most ad melee champs that go top, I'm able to trade quite well with and if I'm having trouble my first back will be ninja tabis. I find I only get out poked until 6 if I am having trouble against my opponent early, which has only happened once. The poke still was not enough to scare me from lane and I won in cs.

I'm also willing to make the statement that Hecarim is close to one of the best snowball champs top lane. Does incredibly well with cs

BallzzMcgee

10-28-2012

Just curious if anybody know any good counters top against Hecarim. I also feel like most people just don't know how to deal with it

Lord Genoreaper

10-28-2012

Kayle top would walk ALL over Hec.... like badd

BallzzMcgee

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Genoreaper View Post
Kayle top would walk ALL over Hec.... like badd
I had the same thoughts as well. The slow and ranged poke would be very hard to deal with. I'd like to play the match up to find out!

BallzzMcgee

10-28-2012

Bump