Hecarim top lane strong?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BallzzMcgee

10-28-2012

So I don't know if this had become popular lately but I've been doing a lot of Hecarim top lane and I think I've gone the last 9 out of 10 games as wins and every game I've dominated top lane hard.

Irelia, cho'gath (3 games) , wukong (2 games) , sion, galio, nidalee and darius as my opponents, and only game that I lost lane too was galio because he's tanky as #@$& lol.

Just curious if anybody else is doing this? It is ridiculously strong. I feel he scales very well with CS and it seems like I get 1 kill and it's complete zoning and domination against my opponent.

Any tips or comments on this matter would be sweet. I'm curious if I'm just behind on this or if it's the new thing? Here. Share ur thoughts!

Cheers

UberTacticool

10-28-2012

his kit is much more suitable for ganking but he has pretty good staying power in top lane. he can ensure his jungle has a successful gank just as good as he can run out of the jungle like a berzerking mongoloid and squash that pesky darius or w/e.

Varghul

10-28-2012

no ranged poke and no burst of any kind, all of his damage is sustained. He can top and he is strong vs some matchups, but he will have a hard time vs many of the strong solo tops.

BallzzMcgee

10-28-2012

Ya I know he's strong in the jungle but he's an immovable object in top lane. Sustain is incredible and if you just save your E for a gank you can just walk out of lane pretty much making you very hard to gank. I've had games going 19-3 and the likes.

Maybe it's just me but I think he would work well in top or jungle on an aoe comp. That fear ultimate stronk

BallzzMcgee

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varghul View Post
no ranged poke and no burst of any kind, all of his damage is sustained. He can top and he is strong vs some matchups, but he will have a hard time vs many of the strong solo tops.
Yes very true. I've even gone up against a jayce that was able to poke me all day but as soon as level 6 came I won the lane and not even he could take me out of lane and he is a strong top.

His move speed is what makes him stronk. Walk out of lane if gank comes and always able to close the gap to harass or pus anybody out of lane

sergeantpickle

10-28-2012

Just have to be careful and not waste mana spamming Q. I only use it to get that creep that is low when I just used my auto-attack.

UL9 ZettaRose

10-28-2012

I rape consistently with Hecarim top. You snowball of CS, and obviously kills if possible.

Even then, youll have trouble against the strong harassing top laners, Jax, Darius, Jayce etc.

XElement

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallzzMcgee View Post
Ya I know he's strong in the jungle but he's an immovable object in top lane. Sustain is incredible and if you just save your E for a gank you can just walk out of lane pretty much making you very hard to gank. I've had games going 19-3 and the likes.

Maybe it's just me but I think he would work well in top or jungle on an aoe comp. That fear ultimate stronk
But his mana costs are what concern me.

If you could tell me what you buy then maybe I'll change my mind.
But his W is pretty mana hungry. His Q is pretty weak, and if a fight randomly starts you are looking at like 7 seconds of CD time on Q (since it takes like 4 seconds the first time then 3 seconds then 2 seconds)

210 base mana plus 40 per lvl.
W cost 50 mana at rank 1.
So IMO, it sounds great but. You really mighth only get 4 out befor eyou are out of mana (plus that is wihtout adding the Q in)
And E seems like it would only be good for escaping at that point.

Josh1735

10-28-2012

no /thread

BallzzMcgee

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeantpickle View Post
Just have to be careful and not waste mana spamming Q. I only use it to get that creep that is low when I just used my auto-attack.
I've actually had 0 mana problems on Hecarim. His 1 poke is great for mana. I'm usually able to stay in lane with his mana pool for quite a while. Definitely one thing I've loved about his kit so far imo