Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends had its third birthday yesterday

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HerbaNoctis

10-28-2012

...and nothing happened. No Cake Boss Lulu, no mention of it anywhere by a red, no recognition that it even happened. I'm sad. I know it's Halloween time and that Riot's been working really hard to get the new TT out plus all the new Harrowing/Shadow Isles skins out, but I honestly think that it's more important to be celebrating the anniversary of a game we all play and love rather than pumping out new content. Don't get me wrong, I love the new TT. I love the new skins. But I just feel that there is something missing. I can't imagine that Riot managed to forget about this, so there are two possible things that could have happened. They could have just decided that they didn't have enough time with the TT revamp, Elise, and all the other cool stuff they've been doing, or they could be doing this all on purpose. They didn't make any comment about the Surprise Party Fiddlesticks skin until the very day they released it, so maybe they're going for something like that this time. Make us think they forgot about it and then release something huge. I really hope it's the second one. What do you all think?

Crazy Beard Guy

10-28-2012

I gave up on them ever since they decided to drop the lore.

Shirtless Heroe

10-28-2012

this made me sad..

HerbaNoctis

10-28-2012

Quote:
Crazy Beard Guy:
I gave up on them ever since they decided to drop the lore.

They kinda started putting some lore back with the Shadow Isles stuff. There's some definite hints of stuff to come. If I remember correctly there are hints of a King of the Shadow Isles who Karthus/Morde/Yorick/Hecarim all serve. Hecarim is hinted to be something other than what he seems to be, possibly having been transformed and brainwashed by Mordekaiser. And speaking of Mordekaiser, he gets a lot of parallels to the Shrike in Hyperion by Dan Simmons if you've ever read those books. Basically he's a superhuman death machine that's in charge of protecting a stronghold of tombs that have been put in stasis until the time is right for them to be unleashed. The Shrike goes around killing idiots who try to figure out what's happening and how the Time Tombs work which is possibly what Mordekaiser was doing in that bit of his lore where he's just randomly killing someone. At least that's what I read into it.

HerbaNoctis

10-28-2012

bump because I actually want someone who vaguely knows what's going on to respond.

bérnkastel

10-28-2012

Quote:
HerbaNoctis:
If I remember correctly there are hints of a King of the Shadow Isles who Karthus/.

didnt karthus live in a swamp somewhere? not the shadow isles? O_o

HerbaNoctis

10-28-2012

Quote:
bérnkastel:
didnt karthus live in a swamp somewhere? not the shadow isles? O_o

He holds allegiance to the Shadow Isles now. They be retconning errything now.

And it was K

10-28-2012

They kept it quiet because we would have wanted free stuff. Chinese overlords and stuff.

Duke Br0heimer

10-28-2012

Quote:
And it was K:
They kept it quiet because we would have wanted free stuff. Chinese overlords and stuff.

Joke's not on me though, I don't regret buying Tencent stocks.

I don't regret it one bit.

CabecoteNA

10-28-2012

I'm sad too. There isn't a red post about it yet