Am I ionic Sparks only fan?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Blue Jelly

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Riem View Post
I was there back then, thanks for assuming everything. SoTD did a lot more than just negate dodge. I was there when you couldn't lifesteal off shields, I was there when Janna's ult had a slow, I was there at release leblanc, I was there when Malphite was considered ****-tier. I was there when Sunfirecape Eve was about as broken as Sunfire Garen. I was there when Phantom dancer was a noobtrap on Jax.

As for SoTD, go check the announcement forum. Info about it's removal is probably still there if you dig deep enough.

The removal of SoTD and Stark made my Sion build far more expensive and more difficult to use. Build I had used for months before they removed SoTD. Looking for a replacement, I thought I'd be able to use stark by swapping runes around but they also removed it a little later.

Not everybody is new to these forums pal.
Oh, and I used to buy SoTD for the 60% IAS and the 30 Apen. The anti-dodge was a bonus.
If that's the case you were using it for APen. Where exactly are you getting that Ionic was allowed on SR to replace SotD? and why do you keep capitalizing the The in Sword of the Divine? They removed all of that APen/ARedux spam that people were using, and without that or dodge, SotD would be basically useless. The only similarity between SotD and IS is aspd, and that's an extremely weak familial tie; they both fill completely different niches as well.

Why did I assume that you were merely someone quoting history without having been there? Because you were misremembering it horribly.

IS was introduced to Rift close to the time SotD was removed, but that doesn't mean it was intended to replace SotD. They've purposfully left the niche it occupied open. Or rather, Black Cleaver became the sole object in the ASpd/ARIgnore department, and Wit's End became the primary object in the magic damage on-hit department.

IS was not introduced to be a replacement for SotD. IS was introduced to fill the rare need for a champion needing much higher pushing ability than it naturally has (the same reason they originally created it for Dominion).

EDIT: Okay so, I kinda misread part of what you were saying in the first post. Thought you were saying IS replaced SotD, but in fact you were saying it muscled SotD out.
The problem there is that it was the Sej patch in which IS was added to SR, but it was also the Sej patch in which SotD was removed. There was no muscling, as they never actually competed.

Private Riem

10-28-2012

From the Sejuani patch preview

Quote:
The final point of dodge removal is Sword of the Divine, which caused your champion to ignore dodge for a few seconds when activated. What’s the future for this item?

When we were looking at Sword of the Divine, we asked, “What is this thing going to do now?” and where we kept ending up was somewhere really close to Ionic Spark from Dominion.

Instead of making not noticeably different items, we let people on Summoner’s Rift and Twisted Treeline buy Ionic Spark.

It’s a fun item, it fills that “proc attack speed” role and it has a pretty unique feel to it, so we thought,

“Why not bring a fun and interesting item from Dominion into the Classic game modes as well?”
Note that Ionic spark was added at the same time SoTD was removed. And I cap the T because I feel like it.

Pitufito Dell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafiqOfMany View Post
I use it on most if my champions either solo top SR or Aram proving grounds... Health and attack speed plus extra ranges with magic damage especially on teemo and vayne
I love it on some champions, like Shen, Ez, MF and GP.
Volibear and Mundo are good candidates too

Furionthion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

I use Ionic Spark with AS Lulu. I love the visual. I don't even care it if does anything more that what it does now.Why remove a thing just for the sake of removing it? It people want to use then let us or buff it. But I agree don't remove it.