Maximize Rune Page Limit.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tengauge12

11-06-2012

I'm a competetive player.. Who plays all roles.. So, I have think problem because I have my champions for top (My main role) for team comp and counters..

THEN I have my 3-4 ADC's, Supports, Junglers, Mids..

So let's see...

12 Tops + 4 ADC's + 5 Supports + 6 Junglers + 6 Mids

= 33

Champions are different, especially when some of the champions that you use top, you can also use jungle.. Thus needing more than 1 rune page for 1 Champion..

You may not understand this, because you barely play that many champions..

---------------------------
Edit: No wonder, Tahngarthor.

You're level 26.. You only play 1 champion, and mainly Dominion-Twisted Tree line.. You have no clue what I am talking about.. Check MY profile...

Diabloracer

11-06-2012

I agree with this...no downside imo to having more rune pages...if you don't want them don't buy them...more money to riot from purchases...easier for players to set up for their champs...thumbs up

Tahngarthor

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengauge12 View Post
I'm a competetive player.. Who plays all roles.. So, I have think problem because I have my champions for top (My main role) for team comp and counters..

THEN I have my 3-4 ADC's, Supports, Junglers, Mids..

So let's see...

12 Tops + 4 ADC's + 5 Supports + 6 Junglers + 6 Mids

= 33

Champions are different, especially when some of the champions that you use top, you can also use jungle.. Thus needing more than 1 rune page for 1 Champion..

You may not understand this, because you barely play that many champions..

---------------------------
Edit: No wonder, Tahngarthor.

You're level 26.. You only play 1 champion, and mainly Dominion-Twisted Tree line.. You have no clue what I am talking about.. Check MY profile...
I fully understand this. I don't really care about your profile. I totally understand that competitive ranked players need more rune pages. I do however disagree with the notion that you need way more than is currently possible.

I love how you look at people's profiles and automatically judge them. Just because I have my preferences, and haven't played as many games as you, doesn't mean I don't comprehend the needs of others.

While I do strongly favor one champion, it's not the only one I ever play- HOwever, nearly all the champions I do play can be served very well by the same set of runes. I can think of at least four or five other champions I could also play with the same set of runes. Given the number of champions in the game, I strongly disagree that you would need 33 pages to cover them all.

Even pro players have favorite champions they play more than others. For references, see the "pro player picks" video series.

Tengauge12

11-06-2012

Okay well. Fine...

Yet, I play AD champions, AP champions, and a mixture of AP/AD.

On top of that, for example.. I am not going to dare use my rune/mastier combo for Irelia as I do for my Garen.

You see.. Garens Ult is Magic, therefore I set my Garens mastiered for 4 in cooldown, and 1 in magic penetration.

None the less.. You agree, but don't agree.. Which makes no since.. Listen..

There is 106 Champions.. I personally use 40 champions myself. ACTIVELY... Yes, all 40.. The others I have, nah I dont use.. Like Shen/Malphite/ etc.. I know how to play them, it's just. Their only going to be chosen if they for some reason dont get banned in ranked, which normally they do..

Yes.. You have yet had the frustration of owning 70 champions and playing 40 actively, and the rest unactively and have all these pages full and mastieres.. (You're only allowed 20 mastiery pages...)

So, you yet to fully understand the physicalness of not having the capability to need more.

Tahngarthor

11-06-2012

Quote:
There is 106 Champions.. I personally use 40 champions myself. ACTIVELY... Yes, all 40.
In 40 champions, if you need 33 rune pages then you're going waaaaaaay overboard with your fine tuning / min-maxing. Many champions have overlapping needs. My three biggest champions are all basically straight up AP casters. While I could very slightly benefit from having a different page for all three of them, the same runes on one single page are useful to all three. As I described, there are several other champs I could apply the same runes to.

Quote:
So, you yet to fully understand the physicalness of not having the capability to need more.
"physicalness?" there isn't anything I don't understand. You do not need 33 rune pages to play 40 champions. Period. I have friends who play this game much more seriously than I do, and while they have many rune pages, they feel they have enough with the current maximum. Unless Riot introduces a series of champs with a brand new meta completely unlike any other champion that currently exists, I don't see a major need for more rune pages any time soon. If you only need to change one or two runes for a certain champion, then you can just edit them between games.

I'm not "agreeing, but not agreeing." I'm just not agreeing. I understand your position, and I understand that the more champions you play, the more rune pages you need. Insulting my non-pro-player status and intelligence doesn't strengthen your argument or convince me that what you're asking for is actually needed.

Would increasing the rune pages directly harm anyone? Hardly. but any change requires work on someone's part and any company has a finite amount of resources. Investing any resources in something that doesn't really need to be done (of which I can honestly think of several things that are being done that don't need to be) will only delay more needed changes- like fixing that stupid bug with borderless window mode where the game window appears in the bottom right of the screen if PvP.net doesn't have focus when the game starts, such that 3/4 of the game screen is off screen with no way to move it back other than to blindly fiddle with the video options menu to reset it.

I might not be a pro LoL player, but I do and have done real QA for other games. I'm not oblivious to player needs.

Tengauge12

11-06-2012

Edit between games? The problem with this sir...

You never know who you're going up against in ranks or draft.. Therefore, it's not possible.. The only thing which can be edited prior to game play is your masteries..

It's not just 1 or two runes.. Example..

Garen - Straight Armor Pen
Irelia - Same thing? No. New Rune page..

Warwick - Speed and ATS
Pantheon - Same? NO Just straight ATS.

It's exhusting having to explain and elaborate this, those who are like me like TSM Azubu etc.. They know what I am talking about... As such the competitive scene in general.

Secondly, they come out with new champions ALLLL THE TIME

I mean.. Rengar, BAM Kha'Zix.. BAM Elise oh wait.. ANOTHER ZED

We NEED more rune pages and mastieres.. There is 100% no cons to this what-so-ever. Considering your lack of competitiveness you wouldn't understand.. Players like myself really need this.

Tengauge12

11-07-2012

Bump.

Tengauge12

11-08-2012

Bump.

Tengauge12

11-09-2012

Bump.

Tengauge12

11-10-2012

Bump.