Just hit Diamond on New 3s AMA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goggris

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntee View Post
@Goggris

How did you find the players you end up playing with most often?

Background info to my question and why I am asking:

I played a lot of Twisted Treeline when it first came out over a year ago. Back then a few of my WoW buddies (the game I played most often before LoL) played with me and we got to 1600-1650 (which at the time was top 25). I ended up taking a break from LoL and my friends did the same. I eventually came back and they never did. Since my return I stopped playing 3v3 and focused on SR because it was the only thing I could play solo (Ranked Solo Queue). I've never really been able to find a good group of LoL friends the same way I found friends in other games because of the way the community fosters people. I joined the 3v3 channel in an attempt to help (based on Sam's recommendation) but often, the only people willing to play with others are those who seem to be quite awful at this game. More often than not, if anyone decent asks for more people to play with, they often just ignore any requests shot their way by people like me.
The players on this current team I've simply known for a while through LoL friends, and just recently I got them interested in Treeline as a competitive map. In GENERAL however, your best bet is to play normals, not fish for people on forums. If you see someone do very well or see someone well synchronized with you - be friendly, add them after, and play some more games with them to build up a relationship.

Just two nights ago I was running a normal during some downtime and I came across a player I've never seen before do extremely well. Chatted with him afterwards, added him, and I'm definitely looking forward to playing more with him in the next couple of days. Last season when I was getting Platinum in 3s literally everyone I played with were people I had met in normal games.

Captain Kopp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

Goggris what comps did you use?

Goggris

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Coookie View Post
Goggris what comps did you use?
Our favorite comp was Jarvan, Shyvana, Lulu.

We would often replace Lulu with Chogath depending on the other team's picks, or sometimes Orianna. We've also toyed with Skarner instead of Shyvana.

In essence we have two tanky bruisers dealing consistent damage, and then an AP providing the utility and support to back it up. Not many champs can stand in the circle with Jarvan and Shyvana and live to tell the tale. Jarvan is also a very strong counter to the Olaf picks that we would frequently see. J4's ult is one of the few things in the game that prevents Olaf from wrecking people with his ult.

Our bans were Jax, Singed, Jayce. We didn't want anyone who could go toe to toe with us in those duels. Our most feared counter pick was Rumble (and subsequently one of our two losses).

Ntee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

What runes/masteries/items/skill order does Lulu follow?

Goggris

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntee View Post
What runes/masteries/items/skill order does Lulu follow?
Now that one I can't answer, but your rune/mastery information would be here somewhere:

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19412042#profile

Summoners he would run Flash + Ignite/Exhaust/Heal (depending on OTHER team comp).